Indian team taking the knee for BLM.

sage

@New guy The problem is not with the gesture but the entire execution of it. Rohit was talking to Babar Azam if Pakistan will take the knee. Showed that it was almost a last minute thing. Rohit was then shaking his head when Babar Azam refused to do this. Before a high pressure match such distractions (talking to opposition captain) should have been avoided. Take the knee but announce it before hand so that everyone is ready. This one seemed rushed.

If you have to support a cause do it properly. The black ribbons, pink dress - all such gestures for supporting a cause or remembering a departed soul are normally thoroughly planned. In this case, if the Indian camp had announced a few days before the match they will be taking the knee, media would have written and spoken about it and there would have been better awareness about the movement.

On 10/24/2021 at 11:29 PM, rkt.india said:

Yes, terrorists are continuously killing minority Hindus and Sikhs in Kashmir. These are targeted killings of minorities. They don't really care about these stupid gestures.

Ok, if you say so, but deep down you know who has been killing innocent Kashmiris for decades. 

Kohli was clever in mentioning that they “received a message from the team management”…. Thus hinting that it was not planned and the player themselves are not comfortable in doing this gesture. Why force them to do something which they don’t relate with? 

It’s a distraction even if it’s for 2 mins. Pak team had clarity of thought. Hands on heart, they’ve not come here to do all these gestures. They won’t take a Knee. Their belief doesn’t “allows” that. That’s how you act. 

43 minutes ago, asterix said:

Kohli was clever in mentioning that they “received a message from the team management”…. Thus hinting that it was not planned and the player themselves are not comfortable in doing this gesture. Why force them to do something which they don’t relate with? 

It’s a distraction even if it’s for 2 mins. Pak team had clarity of thought. Hands on heart, they’ve not come here to do all these gestures. They won’t take a Knee. Their belief doesn’t “allows” that. That’s how you act. 

Who is the "management" that can force players to do this? Dhonis idea?

7 hours ago, IndianRenegade said:

There is an obvious difference between all those & this instance:

1. Pink ribbon - cancer affects all individuals, Black arm band - probably a world leader died, Dhoni stuff - National issue, but could have been avoided if its against ICC rules

2. the players themselves would have had little to do with the on field logistics. I don't care that they did this as much as that it was dumped on Rohit to negotiate what is going to happen. 

I don't think India lost because of this, we were totally outclassed. Even 180 - 200 would have been chased the way we bowled.

Where did I throw a fit? why are all opinions not confirming with yours throwing a fit? Since you want me to throw a fit, I will oblige. 

Just to borrow from Udham Singh, when asked to protest for everyones freedom he says, I will once I am free, when my country is free, on equal footing. When there are so many Indian issues for which the team could officially show solidarity and create a discussion, why does it decide to take up an issue predominately affecting the western world? Please tell me did the Indian team officially show solidarity with Indians killed in numerous acts of terror? Indians killed in riots? Indians mistreated because of their religion? you can't show solidarity to your own people, so decide to follow the fad of uncle tom. But if I ask this, we are uncle toms.

Well said. All this BLM is balderdash. Absolute rubbish. Firstly learn to respect our own people. Eradicate cast system. Learn to not degrade people of your own country based on cast, religion etc. 

We have no connection with this bullshit BLM. Did they wear wrist bands for Indians when many Indian lives were lost due to terrorist attacks by Pakistanistan? 

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

Well said. All this BLM is balderdash. Absolute rubbish. Firstly learn to respect our own people. Eradicate cast system. Learn to not degrade people of your own country based on cast, religion etc. 

We have no connection with this bullshit BLM. Did they wear wrist bands for Indians when many Indian lives were lost due to terrorist attacks by Pakistanistan? 

Exactly. Instead of taking a stand for own people, innocent Kashmiri Pundits & UP/Bihar people getting killed there, they are forced to take this gesture for blacks in US & UK.

:facepalm:

Pak players showed right gesture. Hands on Heart for freedom of Kashmir…

30 minutes ago, Jay said:

Sir we are global citizens now. Citoyens i should say. Odd Hindus or migrants being killed in Kashmir cannot stop us from feeling for black lives which are way better than average Indians here. 

13 hours ago, New guy said:

Of course a mentally ill loser who uses white supremist slogan for one of the oldest and most peaceful religion in history will also jump to such conclusion

I am glad they did that. It has exposed a lot of uncle toms on this forum, wannabe white supremists who pretended to be civilized human beings

And such brain washed turds they use white supremist slogans for a million year old relgion who's very base is tolerance, acceptance and fighting against inequality. Where Gods like Rama and Krishna forever fought against bigotry

The fit being  thrown for a 5 second gesture is unlike anything i have seen from grown ups. And the saddest part is, this is coming from brown indians who are also racism victims 

WTF you are on about? My point is very simple on basis of my observation which is "The  knee episode"  looked more like impacting batsmen specially Rohit and Rahul concentration. Both batsmen were most likely busy thinking, when to start knee taking, who to start knee taking and when is it going to finish. And as soon as they finished they were facing 140 kph new swinging ball from Shaheen. They should have taken a knee at toss or something (15 mins before that ball was bowled), I would have had no issue.

I am saying above based on my personal experience as even at gully-mohalla cricket level, each time I have walked in to bat, all I am thinking about is bowler, ball and condition of match. Any time I have been hastened to take strike, I have either got out or have been lucky to survive within first one or two overs.

Edited by mishra

Looks like the orders came from up judging from De Kock situation and any player not conforming would be punished 

Cricket South Africa has issued this statement on Quinton de Kock's decision to withdraw from today's game due to "personal reasons": "Cricket South Africa (CSA) has noted the personal decision by South African wicketkeeper Quinton de Kock not to "take the knee" ahead of Tuesday's game against the West Indies. All players had been required, in line with a directive of the CSA Board on Monday evening, to "take the knee" in a united and consistent stance against racism. 

Why do people act like Black people are discriminated only in US? It happens everywhere around the world, probably  in some other way of discrimination. I mean even in India, colorism is a disease where people have some premediated biases based on color of a person. Just look at how a black person from Africa is treated/received when compared to a white person from West . Even in our own families and society, most of the people consider someone who has darker complexion as ugly..I wish some of our cricketers also spoke up about the colorism that exists in our Indian society but doubt that's gonna happen.

36 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Why do people act like Black people are discriminated only in US? It happens everywhere around the world, probably  in some other way of discrimination. I mean even in India, colorism is a disease where people have some premediated biases based on color of a person. Just look at how a black person from Africa is treated/received when compared to a white person from West . Even in our own families and society, most of the people consider someone who has darker complexion as ugly..I wish some of our cricketers also spoke up about the colorism that exists in our Indian society but doubt that's gonna happen.

Spot on .They all need to be educated on that issue. In India where we sell fair and lovely for skin-lightening, everyone needs to be educated.

It's a strange hill to die on from QDK perspective. However this one is completely on CSA, why enforce it on players after the start of the tournament, it's not like the movement started a couple of days back.

Why can't ICC rebrand taking the knee as support against 'no room for racism or discrimination' similar to the EPL as opposed to taking the knee 'in support of BLM'. It's always easier to get behind a cause as opposed to a movement which may or may not have political ramifications.

Edited by Vivek92