Hyderabad software engineer arrested for rape threats to Virat Kohli’s daughter

Stradlater

So far I haven't seen a single tweet targeting Kohli's daughter. Might stumble upon a couple if I try to dig in but then again there are all sorts of people on internet and trolls should be ignored is a general principle agreed upon by everywhere.

Pakistanis on the other hand are treating this issue as the worst thing to happen to cricket with sympathies outpouring for Loli that how his support for Shami and the fact that he's on good behaviour with Pak team has ruffled Hindutva elements. 

And all this massive overreaction at simply one troll tweet.

Are we still deluded enough to think these subhumans are worth playing cricket with?

25 minutes ago, Try_Ball said:

Stating fact isn't racism.

Is identifying Pakistan as a terrorism sponsoring state a fact or racism? 

1-how is that relevant to the issue of kohli's daughter being threatened?

2-Calling a whole population subhuman is indeed racist. If you dont agree, no point talking.

3-Op seems to be complaining about the overreaction from the pakistanis... but isnt he doing the same thing?? This whole thread is an overreaction.

2 hours ago, johncena97 said:

1-how is that relevant to the issue of kohli's daughter being threatened?

2-Calling a whole population subhuman is indeed racist. If you dont agree, no point talking.

3-Op seems to be complaining about the overreaction from the pakistanis... but isnt he doing the same thing?? This whole thread is an overreaction.

1) The response was whether the Initial post was racist or not - It isn't racist.  The premise of Kohli's daughter isn't what it was dependent upon

2) His response to a population being "subhuman" is the least of the mud slinging that has been happening since Pakistan won against India -  There's a difference between Discriminatory vs Racist

3) Pointing out the what the OP feels about the selective reaction from the Pakistani community about an issue which is primarily based in India and has no relevance to Pakistan - don't think that was on overreaction.  The Pakistani narrative is something I do question myself many a times.   Example - Shami trolled in India was a matter of "grave" concern to Pakistani whereas effigies of other players used to be burned or other religious sections being abused never concerns Pakistan.  Danish Kaneria a pakistani-Hindu ex cricketer has openly requested help from PCB and other ex Pakistani cricketers but I have not seen a single Pakistani cricketer / PCB/ Pakistani "woke" diaspora speak up for their citizen but are more concerned about Shami ?  Calling out double standards isn't an over reaction.  

The accountability that Pakistani "world citizens" are applauding Kohli for , why have those global Pakistani's never questioned their own cricketers to stand up for the minorities in their own country?

Edited by Try_Ball

42 minutes ago, TheWall said:

The bloddy list Pakistani. As usual they are just trying to create controversy.

There is no post about Kohli's daughter.

Saw the post on India Reddit sub some of your countrymen threatening to rape Virat’s daughter. We only showing support to him. We always appreciated great Indian players as we all are cricket fan first then comes teams we support.

10 minutes ago, Pakistan said:

Saw the post on India Reddit sub some of your countrymen threatening to rape Virat’s daughter. We only showing support to him. We always appreciated great Indian players as we all are cricket fan first then comes teams we support.

Such things come top of all Indian media if it were true as they love these stories. I am surprised your media is reporting it first. That's what makes it suspicious and given the Shami trolling from Pak makes it all the more suspicious.

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Even the threat would have come from ISPR Baki troll army, just like they did for Shami as well. See some Indian left libtards to show sympathy for Kh0lli to balance out some of the hate Kh0lli is facing now

I think as a nation they are consumed by hate imagine grown up men planning and scheming to look for opportunities for war in a sport victory. 

5 hours ago, dilliboy said:

Not clear.. You are more concerned with Pakistanis going ballistic over the post than someone actually trying to threaten Kohli's daughter? 

Get yourself checked mate

No need to pontificate Virat. No one actually threatened her. A couple of attention seeking tweets from Pakistani bot accounts don't count. I know you are desperately trying to deflect the blame of the humiliation but no amount of these PR shenanigans are going to help you this time around.

Edited by Stradlater

You guys need to understand that we should stop making headlines out of what some random no named troll (Pakistani bot in this instance in all likelihood) commented on internet. There would always be few attention seeking lunatics willing to engage in such despicable behaviour. That's how it works and we all know that.

WHen are we going to stop paying attention to trolls. Let us not waste our time doing investigation of tweets.  Do a mass reporting of the poster and move on if you are really hurt.  There is a reason why late night shows occasionally have segments where the celebrities read mean tweets. If you are in social media long enough you should stop reacting to mean tweets. It probably was posted to stir the pot or genuinely vent frustration and anger. IT doesn't matter at the end of the day.  

16 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Please post and reply on PP if you don't like any content there. 

You can delete the thread if that's what you feel like. I was merely highlighting the enemy country's systematic attempt at deepening fissures in our society through the use of internet trolls.