Ramiz Raja reveals he plotted Rohit Sharma's dismissal with Babar Azam

sarcastic

PCB Chairman Ramiz Raja speaking during a press conference. — PCB PCB Chairman Ramiz Raja speaking during a press conference. — PCB 

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Ramiz Raja and Pakistan skipper Babar Azam plotted star Indian opener Rohit Sharma's dismissal in the T20 World Cup before the match even began.

This was revealed by Ramiz Raja in a podcast interview with the BBC

Raja disclosed how he and Babar Azam spoke about dismissing Sharma.

"I asked [Babar] what are your plans against India," said Raja.

According to Raja, Babar Azam replied that he has plans and that the team intends to employ Cricviz and do the matchup.

"I understand but India will also be using Cricviz and then they will have a ploy set up against you too," the PCB chairman had responded to Babar Azam.

So, that becomes nothing for us, he had added.

Raja then told Babar Azam to "get Shaheen Afridi bowling at 100mph, get a man at short-leg and a 45."

"Just bowl that inswinging yorker at 100mph and do not give him a single and keep him on strike," Raja had told him.

"You will get him out."

Shaheen Afridi had dismissed Rohit Sharma, courtesy of a fast, inswinging yorker on the very first ball he faced.

Later, he clean bowled KL Rahul in his next over, dealing India back-to-back crushing blows.

With figures of 3/31, Shaheen Afridi managed to play an integral part in restricting India to 151/7 off their 20 overs.

Half-centuries by Mohammad Rizwan and skipper Babar Azam helped Pakistan vanquish the Men In Blue for the first time in a World Cup match.

35 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

Hatsoff to Raza if this is true. Why can't Indian think tank plot the dismissals of top batsmen of opposition even before the match begins.

come one, they have lots of intent to dismiss the opposition and plans the execution of that process:marchmellow:

19 minutes ago, nevada said:

What happened to the 100 mile Yorker against Wade? Shahin is a choker for giving away six after six to finish off the game one over earlier. We must be thankful to Wade for killing off the Pak hype Machine. 

Bloddy few balls at 90 mph and suddenly they are hyping him as 100 mph. These Pakistanis are some ultimate hype Machine and think everyone is as gullible as their anpadh awam.

Credit where its due,i like the importance and respect he's giving to genuine pace , allowing his ace pacer to bowl with pace and aggression without wasting time on swinging/line length bs

Bowlers should be allowed to go full throttle and t20s are slowly doing away with trundlers,i like the endorsement he's doing with genuine pace,wish our cricket rulers do the same and give pace the long awaited due respect

@express bowling
@Mosher
Do you like his clarity while operating with pacers?i like it

4 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Bloddy few balls at 90 mph and suddenly they are hyping him as 100 mph. These Pakistanis are some ultimate hype Machine and think everyone is as gullible as their anpadh awam.

@raki05

The equation is simple yaar. It is as below. 

Equation 1 :  Afridi = TALUNNT

In this case, damaaad has inherited the sasur’s TALUNNT.

Now you may say it is biologically impossible to inherit TALUNNT from sasur.  

At this point I will direct you again to Equation 1 above again. 

You see it is an infinite loop. 

Lol everyone knows Rohit & entire Indian top order will struggle vs a 90mph left armer bringing the ball in...  Raja is like Rajpal Yadav...  Muje sab aaata hai main expert hu:hysterical:

I highly doubt India planned using match ups otherwise Axar would not have been dropped for that Chakri... And should have targeted Babar & Rizwan.  Cricviz guys always wanted Siraj in the XI

58 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Credit where its due,i like the importance and respect he's giving to genuine pace , allowing his ace pacer to bowl with pace and aggression without wasting time on swinging/line length bs

Bowlers should be allowed to go full throttle and t20s are slowly doing away with trundlers,i like the endorsement he's doing with genuine pace,wish our cricket rulers do the same and give pace the long awaited due respect

@express bowling
@Mosher
Do you like his clarity while operating with pacers?i like it

Look at the difference in marketing of fast bowlers. Shaheen bowled a fastest of 91 mph in the India vs Pakistan match but they are hyping him to be 100 mph.

While Indian ex-cricketers are afraid to call Bumrah a 90 mph pacer even (although his fastest was 91 mph in the same match )

2 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

Nobel prize for Raja for discovering that Rohit Sharma has a problem against left arms pacers in Swinging delivery early in his innings. What an idea Sirjee :hatsoff:

He has struggled agianst Deepak Chahar also in the IPL when the ball was swinging. Atleast early on he is lazy.