Help!!! Losing interest in cricket.

maniac

Disclaimer: not due to physical or emotional turmoil nor due to being in love or in bad health.

Last few months since WT20 we have witnessed some of the

most boring cricket games of all time

India in SA used to be a blockbuster series regardless of the results. We ended up with the same results as before though, but look at the boring teams. One of the most boring and laborious SA teams ever and the series was even more boring.

The 1 millionth Ind- SL and Ind-Wi series in the last 5 years: self explanatory 

a Eng- WI series and an Aus-Pak series would have been great in the 80’s and 90’s respectively but my god the pitches, the crowds, the coverage, I would rather watch 12 hrs of Pujara blocking than this.

only decent match I can recall was the SA-Nz 2nd test match but even that was alright (based on highlights). It was an upset that’s about it.

Then you have all the leagues that no one watches may be except for Pakistanis and PSL. We know how good these league matches are.

Till the WC’s/WT20 nothing really exciting. Don’t give a damn about the 5th test vs England. If we lose going to be bitter for losing the momentum when we were on top. If we win, it won’t have the same high as winning a series at the time it took place like Australia 2020.

losing interest. Help me, motivate me to get back into cricket as a fellow cricket fan :pray: 

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Happened to me as well not as recent

It has been since 2017,still i love to see young cricketers getting opportunity on grand stage every year

The day I saw a bald and huffing puffing Shaw, a blonde Shubman Gill and the disappearance of a lot of u-19 fast bowlers, that accelerated the process.

Not to forget talents like Rahul-Pandya who despite being hailed as the best thing since slice bread are at best fungus on a stale bread.

I think I am done :hmmm:

Please help

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Shaw, a blonde Shubman Gill and the disappearance of a lot of u-19 fast bowlers, that accelerated the process.

Im not that attached/connected to set of young players to feel low(lose interest for them) when they are out injured or sidelined

Be it anyone young fresh faces brings excitement to watch them play

Offcourse Mavi, Nagarkoti remained injured for a long period but then its part of the game,they will keep coming with different skillsets,that is where anticipation is always intact

Yes, i can feel you were disappointed with some of these youngsters for various reasons but someone else will take their place,maybe someone better

Edited by Suhaan

Solution: lose interest in cricket. 

Don't worry, it'll find you again. Maybe during wc next year. Or maybe after 5 years or a decade. It doesn't matter, in this day and age, you can always catch up on all the stuff you have missed, later. I personally lost interest in cricket around 2012 and haven't seen a single match till 2019. But once I got hooked again, I caught up with everything I missed in 2-3 months and honestly it was amazing feeling to rediscover old hobby. 

This is how good hobbies should work, you drift in and out at various points in your life. You'll make new life experiences this way

The problem with cricket is that its most prestigious format is boring.

And its most popular format is garbage (for most part).

Right now, there are only a few test series that's worth watching. Rest are all bore fests.

As for T20s, its fun (IPL) but try to stretch it too much and it will get tiring.

Cricket truly needs a new format which incorporates the best aspects of tests and the urgency of T20s.

And no its not the ODIs which is probably the worst format out there.

A sport cannot have a gazzilion formats with the same players playing all of it.

What we have right now is a complete cluster *.

Edited by sensible-indian
56 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

The problem with cricket is that its most prestigious format is boring.

And its most popular format is garbage (for most part).

Right now, there are only a few test series that's worth watching. Rest are all bore fests.

As for T20s, its fun (IPL) but try to stretch it too much and it will get tiring.

Cricket truly needs a new format which incorporates the best aspects of tests and the urgency of T20s.

And no its not the ODIs which is probably the worst format out there.

A sport cannot have a gazzilion formats with the same players playing all of it.

What we have right now is a complete cluster *.

Agree, way too many formats and leagues right now. 

Ideally they they should bin the ODI format. It doesn't have the legacy of tests nor the commercial aspects of T20s. Most boring format to watch right now imo. Only problem is that the most popular and prestigious event of cricket is played in the ODI format. 

5 hours ago, maniac said:

Disclaimer: not due to physical or emotional turmoil nor due to being in love or in bad health.

Last few months since WT20 we have witnessed some of the

most boring cricket games of all time

India in SA used to be a blockbuster series regardless of the results. We ended up with the same results as before though, but look at the boring teams. One of the most boring and laborious SA teams ever and the series was even more boring.

The 1 millionth Ind- SL and Ind-Wi series in the last 5 years: self explanatory 

a Eng- WI series and an Aus-Pak series would have been great in the 80’s and 90’s respectively but my god the pitches, the crowds, the coverage, I would rather watch 12 hrs of Pujara blocking than this.

only decent match I can recall was the SA-Nz 2nd test match but even that was alright (based on highlights). It was an upset that’s about it.

Then you have all the leagues that no one watches may be except for Pakistanis and PSL. We know how good these league matches are.

Till the WC’s/WT20 nothing really exciting. Don’t give a damn about the 5th test vs England. If we lose going to be bitter for losing the momentum when we were on top. If we win, it won’t have the same high as winning a series at the time it took place like Australia 2020.

losing interest. Help me, motivate me to get back into cricket as a fellow cricket fan :pray: 

it's okay to lose interest. every time I lost interest in one sport, I discovered another... and over time, the old interest got revived again

We need more bowling friendly rules. Increase to unlimited bouncer. More blood more glory. More brutal. Only toughest survive. 

Imagine bumrah shami Cummins rabada Wagner Kyle Jansen all raining down bouncer barrage after barrage. Beautiful. Would be beautiful. 

Batting won't cross 250. Game will be much more interesting. 

Finish test matches in 3 days. Screw watching all 5 days. Nobody has time. 

We need more bowling friendly rules. Increase to unlimited bouncer. More blood more glory. More brutal. Only toughest survive. 

Imagine bumrah shami Cummins rabada Wagner Kyle Jansen all raining down bouncer barrage after barrage. Beautiful. Would be beautiful. 

Pretty much the same with me. Only thing i paid interest into post WT20 were the IPL auctions because of the drama. Now not even too bothered about it because of weaker teams and also since I expect the pitches to be terrible as last years Indian leg of IPL. 

Id rather look for my entertainment elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

would be good to allow for occasional beamers too. Most people didn't see WI pacers in their pomp, but a large part of what made them deadly was not just pace, accuracy, bounce but also unlimited bouncers and lenient laws regarding beamers.