Brinku Singh?

BacktoCricaddict

7 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Brink of victory

Brink of selection?

Guy has a great FC avg and SR too. Not a hack. Great fielder. Super athlete .... did you see him run that 2nd run after throwing the bat baseball style?

He's a very good middle order batsman,which we have been starving for since ages

Far better than current Pujara Rahane,he could have been a very good addition to our test side as well

Add to that his ver good limited overs batting and a gun fielder as well,very very under rated

Better than overhyped Shreyas

1 hour ago, Texan said:

Players who have good domestic records and can stand up to pressure the way he did deserve more chances. That is why players like Rinku Singh, Sarfaraz Khan should be in contention for India spot in Tests. Rinku Singh could be a good candidate for all formats.

Nailed it.  He has done it more than once this IPL.  I think he is several notches above Venkatesh Iyer who was selected because he somehow fooled the powers-that-be that he is a tall guy who could bowl medium (dibbly dobbly slow-ass) pace.  And he is a below-average fielder.  

14 hours ago, Texan said:

Players who have good domestic records and can stand up to pressure the way he did deserve more chances. That is why players like Rinku Singh, Sarfaraz Khan should be in contention for India spot in Tests. Rinku Singh could be a good candidate for all formats.

Correct. To get picked This is exactly what I want to see. 

A good first class record of atleast 45 and good performance vs pace and bounce in IPL. 

sarfraz should be in test side already tbh. Rinku is clearly talented too. But I need to see more of him. Not familiar with rinku. 

12 hours ago, Majestic said:

Excellent player and lol at anyone putting Sarfaraz name in same vein, the guy is as unfit as fit and athletic Rinku is.

Sarfraz is very talented. His ranji performance sand A tour performances have been very good. I agree fitness is an issue. 

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

Sarfraz is very talented. His ranji performance sand A tour performances have been very good. I agree fitness is an issue. 

Ranji and A tour performance should be taken with a pinch of salt. We have plenty of home bullies who all go overseas and get owned there. Atleast those with better fitness and workout routine, there is a scope of improvement.

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Ranji and A tour performance should be taken with a pinch of salt. We have plenty of home bullies who all go overseas and get owned there. Atleast those with better fitness and workout routine, there is a scope of improvement.

A tour overseas is a good indicator. Infact best indicator of how players will perform. Majority of the top players performed well in A tour away series before getting picked for the national team. 

Doing well in A tours especially away is what defines a world class player. 

Jansen came from where? Sky? No he came from A tour. He performed well vs India. 

Jamieson? Same

Gill? Same A tour

Siraj destroyed labushagne in a tour. Destroyed him again in Australia. 

Green? A tour and shield

Curran aka Sam when he first came and destroyed us. You remember 2018? He performed well vs our A team before getting picked for national side. Then he faced us in the test series. Man of the series. 

Edited by Jay