What’s the rational explanation for Pakistan’s love for Kohli?

maniac

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

Lol one good inning after 3 years in a most dead rubber against a minnow team and suddenly people are jumping in band wagon. Other than 2-3 Kohli fans which no surprise will go gaga over him what surprises me others also started singing payan for him. I would wait till Kohli performed in wt20 hope it don't turn  another massacre like kesrick Williams.

One of the most overrated players of all time *i g fraud.

3 hours ago, Sooda said:

This is a good point.

His downturn in form- natural for someone entering mid 30's - his obscured years of excellent performance, hugely dedicated service, and the legacy he leaves behind in terms of increased professionalism and fitness especially. 

From all accounts he isnt even arrogant, totally different in person than what he comes across on field. Read what any player says about him. 

Forget anywhere, I see in this forum alone hating Kohli.  He is an ideal person which any youngster should follow to become successful in their lives.He was chubby but gave up eating all his favorite food. I don't think he was ever ultra talented like Sachin.

Dedicated himself to become fit and he still is one of the fittest players in the team. Unlike the current captain Rohit who is no show for all important series and matches purely due to fitness issues.

What are reasons for hating this guy so much. I have seen some morons quoting his social media posts  or him selling some products as reasons for hating him. Who gives a damn on how much money he makes, 

13 hours ago, Sooda said:

This is a good point.

His downturn in form- natural for someone entering mid 30's - his obscured years of excellent performance, hugely dedicated service, and the legacy he leaves behind in terms of increased professionalism and fitness especially. 

From all accounts he isnt even arrogant, totally different in person than what he comes across on field. Read what any player says about him. 

and years of captaincy burden in all format takes its toll as well 

He is the biggest name in cricket but pretty harmless these days.

Previously, if you remember, Pak players used to say I'll target so and so etc., all aggression and animosity.  But with Kohli it is easier for them to pat him on his back and send him on his way knowing he is no longer a threat.  

So spread the love and get brownie points in the process.

If he performs in the WC like he did against Afg I'd be the best to hold up my hands but not much hope.

6 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

What sort of cognitive dissonance is this?

Bro, it’s not rocket science why Kohli has fans in India. I myself am a fan of his batting and attitude despite criticism. 

let’s say if Mohan Lal the Mallu superstar  had crazy and rabid fan following in Bihar, wouldn’t it surprise you?

Kohli doesn’t fit the archetype of players Pakistani fans usually love. In fact polar opposite with tattoos, vegan hipster of lifestyle or they have to be validated by Imran Khan. Pakistanis of current generation still use dumb equivalences that Gavaskar was the best because Imran Khan said so. 

If you are talking about ownage SRT won 3 man of the matches vs Pak in World Cup. Universally hailed as one of the best bats to play the game. MSD singlehandedly made the streak famous by giving Padosis one Herat break after another. I am not saying the educated cricket fan from Pakistan thinks of them as lesser players but….

I have never seen this level of rabid fan base for an Indian cricketer before.

Obviously Virat is one of the most followed celebrities on SM but I am sure guys like Rahul and Pandya are not behind. That doesn’t prove much.

even their media does shows on Virat’s form :laugh1: from what I have seen.

There is usually a pattern on who padosis love.

the pious kind: Amla, Mo Ali etc 

the bravado type who make anti-India statements : Holding, Gibbs etc 

the one who validated them every other day: Sammy and some other retired player employed by PCB or PTV.

Kohli doesn’t check any boxes :dontknow:

Edited by maniac
40 minutes ago, maniac said:

Bro, it’s not rocket science why Kohli has fans in India. I myself am a fan of his batting and attitude despite criticism. 

let’s say if Mohan Lal the Mallu superstar  had crazy and rabid fan following in Bihar, wouldn’t it surprise you?

Kohli doesn’t fit the archetype of players Pakistani fans usually love. In fact polar opposite with tattoos, vegan hipster of lifestyle or they have to be validated by Imran Khan. Pakistanis of current generation still use dumb equivalences that Gavaskar was the best because Imran Khan said so. 

If you are talking about ownage SRT won 3 man of the matches vs Pak in World Cup. Universally hailed as one of the best bats to play the game. MSD singlehandedly made the streak famous by giving Padosis one Herat break after another. I am not saying the educated cricket fan from Pakistan thinks of them as lesser players but….

I have never seen this level of rabid fan base for an Indian cricketer before.

Obviously Virat is one of the most followed celebrities on SM but I am sure guys like Rahul and Pandya are not behind. That doesn’t prove much.

even their media does shows on Virat’s form :laugh1: from what I have seen.

There is usually a pattern on who padosis love.

the pious kind: Amla, Mo Ali etc 

the bravado type who make anti-India statements : Holding, Gibbs etc 

the one who validated them every other day: Sammy and some other retired player employed by PCB or PTV.

Kohli doesn’t check any boxes :dontknow:

I wasn't even addressing your OP actually :rofl:. Just some of the posters who were scapegoating him unnecessarily.

Regarding your OP, it's the following from my interactions with Pakistanis:

1. Punjabi connection

2. Peaking at a time when Pak didn't have any WC batsmen coming through. Hence appropriation.

3. Aggressive, take no prisoners attitude especially against goras on the field.

4. Promoting fitness and fast bowling culture.

5. Regularly scoring against them in ICC tournaments. 

6. Complimenting their players plus off-field bhai chara.

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Forget anywhere, I see in this forum alone hating Kohli.  He is an ideal person which any youngster should follow to become successful in their lives.He was chubby but gave up eating all his favorite food. I don't think he was ever ultra talented like Sachin.

Dedicated himself to become fit and he still is one of the fittest players in the team. Unlike the current captain Rohit who is no show for all important series and matches purely due to fitness issues.

What are reasons for hating this guy so much. I have seen some morons quoting his social media posts  or him selling some products as reasons for hating him. Who gives a damn on how much money he makes, 

There are 2 aspects and phases to the guy. What he gets panned and hated for is the latter half which anyone who complains that he doesn't get enough love themselves know about but probably choose to conveniently forget. No one doubts his professionalism and commitment. The 'attitude' is a part of him which was always going to mean when he bit a rough patch there were always going to be people rubbing it in which comes with the territory really. 

1 minute ago, rollingstoned said:

There are 2 aspects and phases to the guy. What he gets panned and hated for is the latter half which anyone who complains that he doesn't get enough love themselves know about but probably choose to conveniently forget. No one doubts his professionalism and commitment. The 'attitude' is a part of him which was always going to mean when he bit a rough patch there were always going to be people rubbing it in which comes with the territory really. 

Exactly this!! Some people think Kohli get criticize for no reason. He was scoring left, right and center since 3 years. He scored in 50 overs ko or crucial test endlessly. All in all he is Holi Kohli who should always be hailed and praised.

3 hours ago, maniac said:

Oh daaru vaale bhaisaab, this thread is not about why Kohli is popular but why does he have such a rabid fan base in Pakistan. Aur ek baar explain karoon kya 90 peg ke saat?

Are kya thread kya forum

Bring me either beer or some rum

Edited by Ravi_Shastri