Has Virat Kohli given all his detractors a big phainty

I think he did it to all his detractors, too many to count on ICF.

As they say, a person having class will always find a way to get back to form and hammer the biggest of the sides (currently the number 1 side in the tests).

Hatsoff to his resilience and ability to sail through the hard time and get himself a big score...:hatsoff:

Edited by sarcastic
29 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

As they say, a person having class will always find a way to get back to form and hammer the biggest of the sides (currently the number 1 side in the tests).

Hatsoff to his resilience and ability to sail through the hard time and get himself a big score...:hatsoff:

Yes after 1240 days since he scored his last century...bravo.

He needs to score in ICC finals if India qualify and help India win that big match.He has stunk for last 23 tests. That is very very long leash he has got from selectors.

He needs to use this 100 and get a second innings going for his career otherwise all the time invested on him is a complete waste.

He needs to win big matches for India now.

Edited by putrevus

I did not care much for him post 2019 and his eventual downfall. It was bound to happen.

In this match, I wanted him to score a big hundred as he was quite the experienced senior. It was the match where one of the seniors needed to standup instead of relying on the Rohit and lower order.

And he has done that, so I am happy for him. He could have accelerated post 170 instead of trying to go for the double hundred. That way we would have had 25 30 more runs on the board. He would have also gained massive respect.

Issue is not with scoring runs, problem is of inconsistency.

You can score a 100 and then just go AWOL for next 3-4 Tests...that will bring back the criticism.
Kohli is averaging in 32 from last 22 tests (including this daddy hunderd of 186 on a comparatively flatter pitch). Which means that almost 20% of his entire test career he has been average in a stretch. 

It needs to be seen that if he can continue or become a Rahane (one century and then mediocre returns all throughout the year).

Edited by singhvivek141
12 hours ago, sarcastic said:

We still haven't won the test and no. 3 years averaging 27. Lot more to do. Only Asian teams would create feather beds for their sooperstar to stat pad.

Kohli's problem is purely technical. It is not the case of him not trying hard or him taking things easy and becoming fat like Sehwag or Rohit.

He has been trying hard, even in Bangladesh or in England, SA you clearly could see him trying his level best but he has been getting exposed technically. His lack of back foot strokes and  he literally has no other off side scoring shot other than cover drive against swing bowling and that is recipe for failure every time.

I don't know if he can oversome those technical challenges. He is unable to score runs unless bowlers feed him bad balls. even in his innings he had batpad land in leg slip where they had no fielder for some reason.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Kohli's problem is purely technical. It is not the case of him not trying hard or him taking things easy and becoming fat like Sehwag or Rohit.

He has been trying hard, even in Bangladesh or in England, SA you clearly could see him trying his level best but he has been getting exposed technically. His lack of back foot strokes and  he literally has no other off side scoring shot other than cover drive against swing bowling and that is recipe for failure every time.

I don't know if he can oversome those technical challenges. He is unable to score runs unless bowlers feed him bad balls. even in his innings he had batpad land in leg slip where they had no fielder for some reason.

He is afraid of using feet these days. He used to waltz down every single ball when he started his career against Ajmal. very rarely beaten in flight. Now he is not having the confidence to do.