Jadeja's 77 (59) in WC SF v Pandya's 76(43) in CT 17 Final

Jadeja's knock is 1000 times better than Pandya's knock. If Dhbi had any guts he should have won that match, he simply put too much pressure on Jadeja.Dhbi simply had no ability to take over when match was there to be won.

Pandya knock was nothing knock, match was over just like Sehwag's knock in 2003 finals. Sehwag atleast had ability to score big 100s.

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Jaddu's knock. Because Pandya smashed Fakar Zaman's bowling and other spinners mostly. But Jaddu not finishing the game make it an useless knock. Pandya scoring 76 in this match instead of that match would have made both innings more meaningful. India was chasing a paltry total. 

That's the common aspect. Both ended up losing the match. 

Sir Don's as it was in a final against Pak increasing the stakes for India. It was more or less a one-man show. He has other such knocks as well like the 60 odd in the T20 SF v Eng. Talking about playing against arch-rival Pak, Hardik won a T20 game in Asia Cup last yr and hit 80 odd in the recent ODI game when India was 66/4  ... Jadeja's knock was good too (and probably the only memorable knock that he has played in his relatively long career) and he had Dhoni at the other end. 

Ironically, the thread highlights that important games are usually about the performances of Sir Don, Jadeja, Dhoni, etc ... the top-order (#1-3) players such as KL, Rohit, & Kohli are usually out of the equation! While many (including paid PR) go gaga over their stats padding during bilaterals, there is hardly an inning of note in important games from them. 

Edited by zen
11 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Jadeja's knock is 1000 times better than Pandya's knock. If Dhbi had any guts he should have won that match, he simply put too much pressure on Jadeja.Dhbi simply had no ability to take over when match was there to be won.

Pandya knock was nothing knock, match was over just like Sehwag's knock in 2003 finals. Sehwag atleast had ability to score big 100s.

Difference was sehwag was an opener and held up one end and scored. Match wasn't over. However match was pretty much over when Pandya came to the crease

5 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Difference was sehwag was an opener and held up one end and scored. Match wasn't over. However match was pretty much over when Pandya came to the crease

I agree, That is closest comparsion I have for match India lost. While Sehwag was there India had a chance.

Pandya's knock came after match was already over. It is like Roach scoring 38 against India. Match was over by then.

Pandya had a chance to become a hero in 2019 but he failed.

Edited by putrevus
36 minutes ago, zen said:

Sir Don's as it was in a final against Pak increasing the stakes for India. It was more or less a one-man show. He has other such knocks as well like the 60 odd in the T20 SF v Eng. Talking about playing against arch-rival Pak, Hardik won a T20 game in Asia Cup last yr and hit 80 odd in the recent ODI game when India was 66/4  ... Jadeja's knock was good too (and probably the only memorable knock that he has played in his relatively long career) and he had Dhoni at the other end. 

Ironically, the thread highlights that important games are usually about the performances of Sir Don, Jadeja, Dhoni, etc ... the top-order (#1-3) players such as KL, Rohit, & Kohli are usually out of the equation! While many (including paid PR) go gaga over their stats padding during bilaterals, there is hardly an inning of note in important games from them. 

He won 2013 CT with his AR performance. But I agree it's not memorable.

28 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I agree, That is closest comparsion I have for match India lost. While Sehwag was there India had a chance.

Pandya's knock came after match was already over. It is like Roach scoring 38 against India. Match was over by then.

Pandya had a chance to become a hero in 2019 but he failed.

Toughest phase was first 10 overs. India just had to take on Santner which they couldn't

7 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Toughest phase was first 10 overs. India just had to take on Santner which they couldn't

Pandya himself was the major culprit in 2019 when he could have won that match for India.He hardly did anything with ball in seaming and swinging conditions.

Jadeja won India CT 2013 with his bowling.

Between those two, Jadeja's knock was better. That might be in losing cause but it was Jadeja's best knock with bat.

Pandya's best knock with bat is probably the one he played 2 days ago. He also has a pretty good 92* vs Australia in Australia in a winning cause after the top order collapse. Not often you win bilateral ODIs in Australia also inspite of say, a top order batsman scoring 171(163) in 2016 1st ODI.

That's the only knock of value Jadeja has played in 10 years. Where is the comparison even?  I can't even think of another knock he played in LOI's that was of any consequence.  Hardik has played more knocks in the last 2 years than Jadeja's entire career.

Jadeja was our GOAT Test cricketer - Cricviz rated him the MVP Test cricketer in the ball tracking era of Test cricket and I think we undervalue him in that format even now.   

But he' an absolute fraud in LOI's and has been so for 10 years. 

3 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

That's the only knock of value Jadeja has played in 10 years. Where is the comparison even?  I can't even think of another knock he played in LOI's that was of any consequence.  Hardik has played more knocks in the last 2 years than Jadeja's entire career.

Jadeja was our GOAT Test cricketer - Cricviz rated him the MVP Test cricketer in the ball tracking era of Test cricket and I think we undervalue him in that format even now.   

But he' an absolute fraud in LOI's and has been so for 10 years. 

2013 CT final MoM. Scored 33 of 25 and we won the match by 5 runs. 

Everyone after Kohli contributed 9 runs off 23 in that game.