Has Kohli surpassed SRT as greatest ODI batter?

Has Kohli surpassed SRT as greatest ODI batter?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Has Kohli surpassed SRT as greated ODI batter?

• Yes
    • No
    • SRT wasn't best ODI batter to start with

Kohli is reduced to anchor role and he plays accumulator role, can’t set scores or play aggressively. He was fine till 2017-18 and has lost his mojo in ODIs. He went awol for 3 years and has had a good 2023 . Batters play around him. SRT would set scores batting aggressively at the top most of his career. No he hasn’t surpassed 

Edited by coffee_rules

No as eras can't be compared..  Sachin indeed played in a 10× more challenging era. Playing with a line up full of fixers.  He didn't have enormous resources at his disposal. 

Sheer Talent outweighs imo.  You can see it from viewing who is superior player. 

Kohli perhaps has snatched the ODI WC superiority tag with this WC for sure.  Surpassing his tally is massive for him. 

A match winning effort in Final would surely help him in standing toe to toe with SRT. 

2 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Not just Kohli.

Rohit Sharma in my opinion has surpassed  SRT in odis. 

He may not have scored more hundreds but his impact is only next to Virat. 

And I have watched the peak Sachin era from 1995-1998. And the second run from 2010-2011. 

Tendulkar played in a batting unfriendly era.

Tendulkar was not just a great cricketer. Tendulkar was a unifier . Tendulkar's rise mirrored India's rise from a license raaj to a liberalised economy. Tendulkar is the reason crowds thronged the stadiums. He is the reason that BCCI is so rich now.

Tendulkar is a verb now. To tendulkar: to obliterate the opposition bowling.

Also, he is a better batsman than both Kohli and Ro Sha.

4 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Tendulkar was not just a great cricketer. Tendulkar was a unifier . Tendulkar's rise mirrored India's rise from a license raaj to a liberalised economy. Tendulkar is the reason crowds thronged the stadiums. He is the reason that BCCI is so rich now.

I will take this opinion of yours with a bucket full of namak - given your massive Sachin bias.

I can counter everything you saying by saying Virat mirrors "new India"...that doesn't take a backward step and thats ready to dominate the world. 

I like that India more. 

He is the pioneer of introducing a fast bowling culture in India - which was the biggest bane of Indian cricket.

7 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

:adore:

hd_fda9c4eb-9348-4289-8cc5-5cc337d41bd7_