Joe Root is the real deal

Look at the date of this thread :bow:

On 6/19/2013 at 10:21 AM, maniac said:

Revisit this thread in 2-3 years and Root is going to be one of the Top batsman in world cricket. I mean he is not-intimidated at all batting in ODI's regardless of conditions and the way he played in his debut test in alien conditions,he has all the makings of a future great. Something about his swagger and confidence,tells me he has the game to flourish in all conditions. Guys Joe Root is the real deal.

Damn.....Spot on......brilliant

I think skillwise he was best among all modern day batsman but earlier was getting 50s and not hundreds

He is much younger than other fab3 and bats in difficult home pitches

Has done well in Asia too with only Australia the last fortress as batsman.also he is most dominant batsman among the 4 in tests

I think he is now best batsman in world and for me best in Fab 4 when all is said and done atleast in tests 

Ps- very pleasing to watch too

When Mitch Johnson terrorized him in Australia, he looked like he was a limited batsman. On those same grounds agains similar attack Kohli made 4 centuries. Now he is 30. Right about the time most batsman reaches their prime.  He is making the most use of his form. That too India is his favorite team to play against. Averaging 63.

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Said this before its phases, now root is in good n kohli is in bad

In few yrs it ll be different . This ll keep shifting but it all will come down how n where they all will end their careers

Root is a better batsman than Kohli. Even playing against spinners Root is well ahead of Kohli. 

However both have proved to be chokers in big matches, so jury is out on that front.

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

Root is a better batsman than Kohli. Even playing against spinners Root is well ahead of Kohli. 

However both have proved to be chokers in big matches, so jury is out on that front.

Root is not better than Kohli overall. Ffs Kohli had a bigger series in England(2018) than Root ever had despite home conditions. 

On 6/19/2013 at 10:21 AM, maniac said:

Revisit this thread in 2-3 years and Root is going to be one of the Top batsman in world cricket. I mean he is not-intimidated at all batting in ODI's regardless of conditions and the way he played in his debut test in alien conditions,he has all the makings of a future great. Something about his swagger and confidence,tells me he has the game to flourish in all conditions. Guys Joe Root is the real deal.

@Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Dude I mostly agree with you, both here and chit chat topics

You should tag @sandeep, he is the one who strongly doubts your acumen :phehe:

Ben Duckett, Jeet Raval, PJ Moor, Ambatli Rayudu, Matt "Ranshaw" - among so many others were also tagged as "real deals" by same 'acumen'.   A promiscuous bandwagoner with pretensions of competing with Prem Jyotish.  :p: