KL RAHUL : Appreciation thread

What a talent KL Rahul is !

He is a classical test batsman.  Plays with a straight bat, leaves deliveries well.  Defends properly.  Plays the pull and hook well and is a good player of bounce. Has 3 centuries in overseas tests  and only in 8 tests.  Plays shots all around the wicket.

He is a power hitter and can hit 6s at will.

Has a solid temperament and has grabbed every opportunity he has got even if he is playing as a replacement.

He has the potential to be another good all-format batsman from India.

40 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

We may have found an excellent middle order batsman for limited overs..

Rohit

Rahane 

Kohli

Rahul

Manish

looks a formidable top 5 for ODIs..

Need to find a dasher to replace Rahane in T20s.

Dhawan should still be in our ODI side. He's been our best player in both the last 2 ICC ODI events, including winning us the CT. 

42 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

We may have found an excellent middle order batsman for limited overs..

Rohit

Rahane 

Kohli

Rahul

Manish

looks a formidable top 5 for ODIs..

Need to find a dasher to replace Rahane in T20s.

Why Rahane??? Rahul should open with Rohit and have Kedar Jadhav in the middle order. Rahane is a misfit in shorter formats. He neither averages high nor has a high SR. Plus he doesn't even get going when he's set. Rahane should only play Tests along with Vijay and Pujara as we have better shorter format options than him.

1 hour ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Why Rahane??? Rahul should open with Rohit and have Kedar Jadhav in the middle order. Rahane is a misfit in shorter formats. He neither averages high nor has a high SR. Plus he doesn't even get going when he's set. Rahane should only play Tests along with Vijay and Pujara as we have better shorter format options than him.

I'd give a shot with Rahane at the top.. I see him as a potent opening batsman in ODIs.. He has been mismanaged in the middle order to force-fit Rohit-Dhawan at the top..

I even remember Dhoni trying to push Rahane to No.5 and 6 on some occasions where he is a total misfit..

Also, I'm not bought into Jadhav's capabilities despite his 100.. And he is 30+, so doesn't have a lot of years in him anyway,