Rahul Dravid rejects honorary doctorate

msplash9

7 hours ago, gattaca said:

Sachin and rajya sabha. Shows the difference between these two.

Apples and Oranges. Rajya Sabha you can actually weild political influence. Honorary Doctorate gets you a fancy night out and dinner. 

One big difference between Rahul and Sachin, is that Sachin is rich. Really rich. So he can actually afford to go hiking with the boys in Africa, step on a plane, go see Bora Bora, step on a plane..you get the picture. All the time, if he wants to. Rahul actually cannot, because in India today, even Crore-pati isn't exactly much more than a middle class guy with 2 fancy homes and investments. Yes, lots of servants, fancy mithai on festivals,etc.

So its ignorant to think that Sachin and Dravid have the same priorities or opportunities in life. To get a perspective, Sachin is worth more than the combined wealth of practically ALL cricketers India has produced, minus Dhoni & Kohli. So in a way, he is pretty much the only one in a position to enjoy the dream retirement of the mega-rich. 

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

Instead of focusing on Dravid, the very second post, presumably by a Dravid fan, brought Tendulkar in the thread and derailed the discussion. I have noticed this about some Dravid fans that they always put down Tendulkar to elevate Dravid; reeks of insecurity.

Agree and being a neutral I can also say the cheap comments thrown by Dravid fans also brings the worst out of Tendulkar fans who in turn talk rubbish about Dravid and then back forth continues between both the groups. Never ending stuff. 

I sit and watch and laugh as Kohli heads towards greatness :cheer:

11 hours ago, gattaca said:

Sachin and rajya sabha. Shows the difference between these two.

Honorary doctrates are given all over the world and its as much as a need of the university confering them than the celebrity who recieves them. That you cannot understand this simple fact and need to have a go at a legend shows what a pathetic creature you are

2 hours ago, Lannister said:

I am a huge fan of Sachin myself, but going through this thread now I understand why many Cricket fans have turned against him because of some of his nauseating fans. 

So you completely ignore the second post by  a fan instigating Sachin fans? And people like @sidhoni, @beetle upvoted that post? @Sidhoni, the same one who whines and whines at a single criticism of Dhoni?  Every single such instigation is done by other fans attacking Sachin ones but then you can act dumb and blind of course. So your logic is, every thread here can have pot-shots on Sachin but Sachin fans should ignore every time because otherwise people will turn on him?

Nauseating is people like you who support trolls who made this forum thrash in the first place because if you see, not a single Sachin fan has even attacked Dravid here and most are praising him so what you said was a complete lie too just to sound mahan in your post. Other fans attaccked Sachin. Sachin fans praise Dravid. But Sachin fasn are nauesating? Well done. Admit it, you didn't "go through" this thread at all, did you?

Edited by New guy
4 minutes ago, dandaroy said:

Agree. Sunny was a accumulator and a quite a bit of his runs have come in garbage time. 

Man I was partly trolling but that's a bit too harsh on Sunny :phehe: The great man did have 8-10 potentially match-winning knocks that were wasted as the rest of the team couldn't finish the job. Vishy and Laxman were beasts though - more likely than any other Indian batsman to win a match against gun attacks.

49 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Agree and being a neutral I can also say the cheap comments thrown by Dravid fans also brings the worst out of Tendulkar fans who in turn talk rubbish about Dravid and then back forth continues between both the groups. Never ending stuff. 

I sit and watch and laugh as Kohli heads towards greatness :cheer:

Completely agree. One good series in England and Kohli will replace Dravid in Indian batting pantheon. His performance in Aus and RSA is already vastly superior to Dravid's.

So you completely ignore the second post by  a fan instigating Sachin fans? And people like@sidhoni, @beetle upvoted that post? @Sidhoni, the same one who whines and whines at a single criticism of Dhoni?  Every single such instigation is done by other fans attacking Sachin ones but then you can act dumb and blind of course. So your logic is, every thread here can have pot-shots on Sachin but Sachin fans should ignore every time because otherwise people will turn on him?

Nauseating is people like you who support trolls who made this forum thrash in the first place because if you see, not a single Sachin fan has even attacked Dravid here and most are praising him so what you said was a complete lie too just to sound mahan in your post. Other fans attaccked Sachin. Sachin fans praise Dravid. But Sachin fasn are nauesating? Well done. Admit it, you didn't "go through" this thread at all, did you?

Seriously just how insecure and stuck-up can you be about Dhoni fans? You keep rambling on about Dhoni fans abusing others yet when I tell you to show one example where I did this you go missing. In those two years Sachin was criticized from every corner as he was clearly holding on to a spot which someone like Rahane should have had, yet somehow you see it as Dhoni fans bringing him down as if being a Dhoni fan is my only identity and I can't have any opinion on topics unrelated to him. In every thread you bring this nonsense. You still haven't replied me on that Shami thread where once again you were the one baiting and riling people.

Repeating a false statement 1000 times doesn't make it true.

Just now, Sidhoni said:

Seriously just how insecure and stuck-up can you be about Dhoni fans? You keep rambling on about Dhoni fans abusing others yet when I tell you to show one example where I did this you go missing. In those two years Sachin was criticized from every corner as he was clearly holding on to a spot which someone like Rahane should have had, yet somehow you see it as Dhoni fans bringing him down as if being a Dhoni fan is my only identity and I can't have any opinion on topics unrelated to him. In every thread you bring this nonsense. You still haven't replied me on that Shami thread where once again you were the one baiting and riling people.

Repeating a false statement 1000 times doesn't make it true.

Just like Dhoni is holding on to a spot which pant should've had