Kohli's top innings on difficult conditions (bowler friendly conditions+bowlers exploiting those conditons)

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

FTB without a shadow of doubt, scary part is he is in his peak years now...not a newbie or veteran. Compare this to SRT's peak years, let us not even get to the quality of bowling during those days. Kohli SRT comparisions must stop, any person who dares bring this FTB in the same sentence as true greats like SRT, Lara, Viv etc should not be taken seriously. Even a 19 year old Sachin was twice the batsman this brat is ever going to be in his lifetime. Sure he has the fame and $$$ but Kohli will never be a test great for me, this must be the 1st decade since pre SunnyG days that we don't have a single test batsman who we can say is in the top 3-4 in the world. 

Prithvi is my only hope as he did stand out in Domestic matches on difficult pitches. If ball is swinging, Kohli isn't your man most of times. 

11 minutes ago, Gollum said:

All these yo yos and DNA tests aren't going to develop technique or improve catching skills. Kohli better work on his skills in stead of showing off, test cricket is the real deal and gimmicks won't lead you to success.

This! Out strongest Test Side from 2008-2011 wasn't composed of players with 6 packs. 

Edited by wanted_desi
9 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

This! Out strongest Test Side from 2008-2011 wasn't composed of players with 6 packs. 

Exactly. Even in this side our 2 main MVPs, Ashwin and Che don't fit the 6 pack criteria that Captain Brat wants to inculcate. Granted they haven't exactly translated their success overseas but that is more to do with technique than fitness, eg Ash the batsman is more technically equipped to score in those conditions while Ash the bowler has some shortcomings. Nothing at all to do with fitness. Kohli may well develop an 8 pack and run 100m under 11s but can he give a guarantee  that he will be as safe a catcher as VVS, Viru and Sachin? I wish our players learn how to play the moving ball and at least hold on to 80% of the catches (a low bar I agree but seeing that past 2 years I will take 80% in a heart beat) before the SA tour else we are going to get humiliated. 

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Exactly. Even in this side our 2 main MVPs, Ashwin and Che don't fit the 6 pack criteria that Captain Brat wants to inculcate. Granted they haven't exactly translated their success overseas but that is more to do with technique than fitness, eg Ash the batsman is more technically equipped to score in those conditions while Ash the bowler has some shortcomings. Nothing at all to do with fitness. Kohli may well develop an 8 pack and run 100m under 11s but can he give a guarantee  that he will be as safe a catcher as VVS, Viru and Sachin? I wish our players learn how to play the moving ball and at least hold on to 80% of the catches (a low bar I agree but seeing that past 2 years I will take 80% in a heart beat) before the SA tour else we are going to get humiliated. 

I kind of relate it to the way field hockey changed from Dhyanchand's time (when it was a skill game) to the present day where it's more about strength and fitness than skill. Irrespective of what fitness level a batsman may achieve, playing swing has always been and will always be about traditional batting skills.

Just now, Sachinism said:

This is the probably when subjectively judging innings.

You only have to look at the batsmen who followed him to know conditions weren't exactly easy.

Rahane is only proper batsman after him who can be relied upon for these conditions. Dhawan and Rahul played easily at same time.

38 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Rahane is only proper batsman after him who can be relied upon for these conditions. Dhawan and Rahul played easily at same time.

they batted in the after noon yesterday. Rahul too gone early today morning. Morning will always have some moisture on pitch like this.