"India have a great chance to win in SA" - Rahul Dravid

sandeep

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/india-in-south-africa/india-have-great-chance-of-winning-maiden-series-in-south-africa-rahul-dravid/articleshow/61964872.cms?from=mdr

"I think we have a great chance this time looking at the depth of the current side," Dravid said.

"We have got some quality quicks, we have the opportunity of playing the all-rounder (Hardik Pandya) if we need to. We have got quality spinners in Jadeja and Ashwin.

"What also excites me is that all our batsmen have been to South Africa before and they have the experience of 40-50 Tests.

"Having said that, you do need a bit of luck in those conditions, bit of rub of the green. If we get that, I am very confident about our chances," said Dravid, who is currently coaching the U-19 and India A sides.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Quality quicks. Shami and Ishant were there last time too. Quality spinners Jadeja and Ashwin went there last time too. Even BK was there last time, played ODIs and struggled on a green pitch at Wanderers. 

are you saying they are not good enough. say we should take some of your potential 90 mile bowlers that you 'identified' and created individual threads for then ? :p:

be positive RKT, if you want to be negative there is always the option of telling yourself in your bathroom.

36 minutes ago, Vilander said:

are you saying they are not good enough. say we should take some of your potential 90 mile bowlers that you 'identified' and created individual threads for then ? :p:

be positive RKT, if you want to be negative there is always the option of telling yourself in your bathroom.

I am certainly positive but we need to keep our expectations low.  Some people will make threads how this is the worst Indian team ever if we lose first test.  Don't like to dwell in two extremes of the pendulum. I have hope that BK and Shami could bowl well enough and maintain the intensity, not expectations.  These guys have not done it as a unit even once yet against good quality teams.    

Regarding the bowlers i made threads about.  i was the one to made threads about Shami, Yadav, Aaron too back when they were new and Yadav was listed as left arm orthodox on cricinfo.

Edited by rkt.india
Just now, rkt.india said:

I am certainly positive but we need to keep our expectations low.  Some people will make threads how this is the worst Indian team ever if we lose first test.  Don't like to dwell in two extremes of the pendulum. I have hope that BK and Shami could bowl well enough and maintain the intensity, not expectations.  These guys have not done it as a unit even once yet against good quality teams.    

Regarding the bowlers i made threads about.  i was the one to make threads about Shami, Yadav, Aaron too back when they were new and Yadav was listed as left arm orthodox on cricinfo.

i was just messing with you man. stay positive thank me later :)

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Regarding the bowlers i made threads about.  i was the one to made threads about Shami, Yadav, Aaron too back when they were new and Yadav was listed as left arm orthodox on cricinfo.

Bumrah shammi ishant bhuvi umesh backed by hardik also capable to bowl at 140k...dream pace attack.

Select any 3 of these 5...just ensure Shammi plays all tests.

I expect Indian batting to do OK...n our bowlers will definitely do well.

We havent helped ourselves, preparations could have been much better, and the difference between a decent show and embarassment. 

Feels kind of piecemeal. I remember before England in 2011 some guys played in WI, others had been rested after the WC and came to England straight from the IPL effectively with barely any warm up matches.

This isnt quite as bad. But Jasprit and Hardik have played very little of late , them and the likes of Dhawan, Rohit , Rahane are going in off the back off LOI matches and a 2 day warm up match

The SL series wasnt a bad idea in itself, would have been good to go into SA tests after SL tests and then a decent break followed by a camp then at least two 3 day warm up matches in SA.  The NZ series could have been scrapped and Aus series made shorter to fit it in.