MS Dhoni Set To Continue Till 2019 World Cup, Says Chief Selector MSK Prasad

35 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Yeah forgot about that. Although time is running out for Kedar as well. He's been poor after looking really good in the home series against England. More than making Dhoni look good KKD keeps potentially better backups like Samson and Pant out. In any way the ODIs are some way away. In all this mess, it's amazing how Iyer has gotten a nice little run even though he started off with a poor 23(21) knock in a T20I on a patta. The Cornerstone connection working wonders there.

I think Kohli rates Iyer over any young players.. Rahul signed up for Rhiti management by the way. That could be a problem:p:

8 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Dhoni is going to have fun facing Steyn, Rabadda, Morkel, Woakes, Cummins and Strac on non Indian pitches in next 15 months. Good luck for 2019 Case, 2 bad series MSK will be trying to not get fired from job.

Why so? He has no issues facing Thisara Perera and his thunderbolts. Why would he have issues against those bowlers?

8 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

@Vilander we are discussing yesterday.. look :p: even msk joins Dravid and kumble..

Its factual if you consider wicket keeping first and odi batting. I think dhoni is good in that. T20

He neeeds to consider vacating his position at least a few games and when he plays just come in at 6 or 7 and slog mad not consider himself a batsman..plays till someone keeps great in domestic and proves in a few t20

Virat has defended (actually given strong support) in Dhoni selection. Yes, some facts by Prasad are true. Dhoni now is best keeper now for stumpings and the other keepers in contention are not up to the mark. The other keepers are too bad for international level. I have seen them keep, they are pathetic and none of them are up to the mark.Just because someone is young does not means he is better keeper than Dhoni. 

The problem though is the assurance that Dhoni has been given. Does it means however bad form he will get into, he will still be a automatic pick as a wk batsman? It is a baffling statement. The players should not be selected if they are in prolonged bad form, at least for the WC as we will have to wait for another 4 years to win it. So the best and in form must play. It's not Ind SL series which can play soon and win few months down the line.

Dhoni unfairly targeted Viru, Gambo and SRT in 2012 CB series, publicly humiliated those 3 and eventually chucked them out. Never forget what this SOB did to our legends. Probably if not for the public humiliation, they wouldn't have declined so fast and would have regained their mojo. And also used a full movie to replay that scene and further insult players 10x better than he ever has been. 

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Yeah, they need to have Pant, Kishan or Samson then start playing for India regularly in T20s at least and also make them keep whenever in the team.

i am hoping to see pant in the setup soon,although unlike kl rahul he doesnt have intl numbers to back but we are wasting his talent as well,he was one of best indian player in last ipl :((