What are your world cup expectations from India?

vvvslaxman

90% sure that we will fall ass backwards into the semi-final, not because we are good, but realistically, there are barely 4, maybe 5 quality ODI teams in cricket.  Making the semi-final isn't really an achievement at all tbh.

After that given the glaring flaws in our team that I see no signs of being addressed, it will boil down to luck.  Which is a shame, because given the talent pool available to our team, I genuinely believe that we are capable of being a dominant team and a strong favorite for the WC.  BUT, as of now, I don't see us that way.  

40 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

If it starts to spin or reverse (which pak bowlers does tend to get it)

those eng hacks will struggle to 

Also i feel those eng players are mentally not gr8 in Wc situations where subcontinetal teams have always an edge

N pak have generally done well in england 

Yup as we saw in the 2017 CT SF, england couldn't chase 240 against Pakistani. Pak have generally done well in England and they will be in England so they will be acclimated to the conditions way better than other teams. RSA are a wild card. Not sure what to expect. They have a gun bowling line up but the batting looks average.

Edited by Laaloo

If we make it to SFs, we have a good chance of winning as Eng, NZ and SA (among likely SFs) have tendency to choke in KOs (one of the reasons they have not won major tourneys) .... But of course, trends are meant to be broken so who knows it could be one of Eng, NZ and SA's time to win its  first ODI World Cup :dontknow:

I think we have a great side with potential to lift the trophy.

I do not know which Kohli will turn up. So far, Kohli hasnt shown any hunger to lift a trophy in any tournament. Hunger for trophy is must.

I am preying that somehow, someone puts this in his brain. 2011 cup was Dhoni’s Sachins Zaks Yuvis Gambhirs Sehwags Bhajjis. He was just a apprentice in that team. It wasnt his. So dont for a moment think he has won a world cup.

He goes AWOL eqch time there is a troohy.

He needs to start by winning IPL nxt season or showing that trophy desire. If he does, we have a chance in WC-19

Edited by mishra
8 hours ago, Laaloo said:

Yup as we saw in the 2017 CT SF, england couldn't chase 240 against Pakistani. Pak have generally done well in England and they will be in England so they will be acclimated to the conditions way better than other teams. RSA are a wild card. Not sure what to expect. They have a gun bowling line up but the batting looks average.

Stop overrating Pakistan, similar overhyping was being done before the Asia Cup lol.  Specifically if they go in with one of favourites tag, I fully expect them to fall like a pack of cards.

Eng are top contenders for the world cup, along with India.Ind had a chance of building up an impressive lineup but they are condoning the loopholes.And NZ and Aus if at full strength will be a contenders as well .

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

India's fortune also depends on how crap the other teams are just like we saw in the Asia cup. We were hardly good. Yet we won.

Australia is pretty bad at the moment. May be warner and smith might be back but depends on their form. I havent seen NZ playing good cricket recently. SA is very unsettled. England and Pakistan are only good teams currently. Bangladesh is good too currently but depends on how they progress. So chances are semifinal should be very high but going to final depends on how our middle order is tested. But considering one thing we played really well in the past two tournaments I would final is high chance. 

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

Australia is pretty bad at the moment. May be warner and smith might be back but depends on their form. I havent seen NZ playing good cricket recently. SA is very unsettled. England and Pakistan are only good teams currently. Bangladesh is good too currently but depends on how they progress. So chances are semifinal should be very high but going to final depends on how our middle order is tested. But considering one thing we played really well in the past two tournaments I would final is high chance. 

You guys are over rating Pakistan based on their T20 form. Over the last 2-3 years, they have done nothing of note in ODIs apart from a freak run in Champions Trophy. They have been slaughtered in ODIs mostly.

In Eng conditions , I ll never count out a full strength Aus side.

5 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Tics Bhaji, every Indian fan does have that expectation, no doubt Rohit, Kohli & Bumrah are world class players in good form....problem is...what if on a given day... two of these players have a bad day in a crucial game :winky: 

Yes, thats the worry and this is where we need to get the team ready and make sure other players perform and cover for these 3.

That is where our 2011 wc side was so good which had performances like that of Raina and Yuvi in quarters or Gambhir’s in the final.  We need such quality. Frankly, this team is far from ready.