Using 50 words or less in our posts

zen

Good initiative though. I think ICF has always  kept a right balance between fun and sensitivity right from the beginning especially the current group of mods/admins. 

I think you guys need to keep up your work rather than trying anything new.

My only problem is with posters like this starpower or whatever that is purely spamming and is an eyesore to read. Rest all is fine.

30 minutes ago, maniac said:

Good initiative though. I think ICF has always  kept a right balance between fun and sensitivity right from the beginning especially the current group of mods/admins. 

I think you guys need to keep up your work rather than trying anything new.

My only problem is with posters like this starpower or whatever that is purely spamming and is an eyesore to read. Rest all is fine.

Just keep the sense of humor always with you and it can take one long way. I rub into other admins from time to time.

Some of you guys too are in the same boat and more can do. No one is bigger or senior and shyt here. All are Indian cricket fans and you can criticize any one of them be it admin or anyone and the other person ought to show some resilience and some sense of humor.

Thats how most former members and all admins have carried themselves over the last 12-14 years of ICF. I love the banter especially when a fellow admin is in trouble in a Cricket discussion with fellow ICfers.

Its all fun and games

How would turning this into Twitter help? From my observations long posts are made by those who are passionate about something and have reasonable points to talk. Trolls using make one liners and memes. One of the best threads on ICF is the fast bowling one and there are some great posts but all over 50 characters 

I would like to see how you came to the conclusion that long posts are the problem wheb to me it seems the opposite. Short posts are good for memes and one liners

8 hours ago, Sachinism said:

Yaar what is this English writing class?

To be honest I feel we should encourage longer posts; in-depth discussions and debates.

I dunno where op is coming from. All the trolling and baiting I have seen are all short posts. All the good discussions have been longer posts with researched or intuitive points

Taking an example, 90% of @Rasgulla posts are one liners while the opposite is true of @Cricketics. Who is the better poster?

Edited by CSK Fan