What is the plan of TM with respect to SHankar?

52 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Looking at the way they use him, i see he is just a backup for Pandya.  Looks like they never seriously consider as someone who will be in the starting XI. This is even after the fact they realized Rayudu is crap, Rahul is still the same inconsistent Rahul, Jadhav is unreliable against good fast bowling. They back all of them not this guy. I think Rohit sharma has more trust in SHankar than Kohli.  This guy is a hard working fielder, accurate bowler, very flexible batsman who can bat from no.3 to no.7 anywhere. He has orthodox shots  also aggressive shots. GOod against pace and spin.  Is KL Rahul getting promoted by any sponsors?

Well Kohli sometimes help his RCB mates more

I read that a few years back he hardly bowled and that when he first started he was 110-120 kph type trundler. Purely on the back of hard work he has made it to the 130s now...hope he can add a few variations going forward. Looks like an honest trier who doesn't BS around, not very talented but someone who can get the best out of his abilities. I respect such cricketers, really hope he gets a long secure run at #4...also should be tried in the test team at #5/#6. 

Edited by Gollum

Shankar looks like a very honest player ,gives his all,no arrogance just goes about his business .He deserves to be given a run i would really like to see him at no 4 . Unfortunately for us our stupid selections mean he would hardly get a look in at no 4.

Edited by RAZPOR

Excellent prospect.

Disciplined bowling, 110% contributor as fielder, and batting is getting steadily better and better.

He was barely touching 125kmph in NZ but has been hovering around 130kmph in this series. He will get faster and stronger.

Inclusion of in-form Hardik and Shankar will give captain so much flexibility.

3 minutes ago, GolGappe said:

Excellent prospect.

Disciplined bowling, 110% contributor as fielder, and batting is getting steadily better and better.

He was barely touching 125kmph in NZ but has been hovering around 130kmph in this series. He will get faster and stronger.

Inclusion of in-form Hardik and Shankar will give captain so much flexibility.

Exactly Shankar is a much more rounded bowler than this Jadhav. It is very hard to predict the batting or bowling of Jadhav. The only thing we can predict is Jadhav's fielding which is crap. Besides Jadhav is highly injury prone with a weak hamstring.  Pandya has back problems. It will take a while to recover.  So India needs a cushion.