Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Shikhar Dhawan have been released from India's Test team .Vijay Shankar named Bhuvneshwar's replacement

7 minutes ago, New guy said:

So guessing they are saving Bhuvi for the overseas tours? This is pretty good we are trying new comers and Umesh will get more chances

MTC -

No Bhuvi is saved for his honeymoon. Wedding this week for Bhuvi. But yes, blessing in disguise to try others and save him for SA.

Edited by fineleg
4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Oh ok....didn’t know that...feel like a jerk now...good luck to mrs.Dhawan

Good on you to own up.   Gabbar may be a hack and a batsman with limited ability to handle seam and swing, but you can never question the guy's commitment or work ethic.   That's just facts.   In fact, its his fighting spirit and hard work that he has achieved what he has, in tests and ODIs, given the limitations of his technique.  

I know its just a cricket forum, and people get carried away sometimes just to make a point, but this is a good example of how unchecked vitriol and "banter" can end up going wrong.  

15 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Good on you to own up.   Gabbar may be a hack and a batsman with limited ability to handle seam and swing, but you can never question the guy's commitment or work ethic.   That's just facts.   In fact, its his fighting spirit and hard work that he has achieved what he has, in tests and ODIs, given the limitations of his technique.  

I know its just a cricket forum, and people get carried away sometimes just to make a point, but this is a good example of how unchecked vitriol and "banter" can end up going wrong.  

Dude that is real over the top...I never try to be  mean spirited and that is exactly why I immediately corrected it when you pointed out the reason for which even you had only half the story.....other wise the jibe was directed at his cricketing ability....stop over reacting 

Edited by maniac
1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Have no idea about this Shankar guy? Is he a medium pacer plus batsman?

Shankar is a good BATSMEN with technique n can also switch gears, I rate him as a batter, also a good seamer although he bowls around 130 in Ranji, I expect him to bowl quicker in int cricket n he can move the ball n get bounce is tallish, I would give him a long run.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Vijay shankar bowling can be helpful on green mambas and his batting wud add depth

This is tremendous news...

Virat and Ravi are truly clever- to beat Lanka which is kind of a ONE PACE bowler team is definite, even today had there been 5 more overs, we would have WON. IShant,Umesh,Shammi will be more than enough for Lanka.

another two tests of green pitch practice is going to ensure that the team has enough Green Practice before playing the first test against AFRICA.

Indian coaches have never been so smart- Ravi is a CLEVER fox, indian batsman are talented and as soon as they practice well they will perform in africa..clever decision which is going to pay true dividends.

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Yes I agree, especially on green tracks also can create some healthy competition for allrounders slot, I like that guy can hit big when needed too

Vijay Shankar's batting is TREMENDOUS. i have seen him bat...i think he will replace kedar jadhav in ODI's soon as he is more steady as a batsman than hardik Pandya...i mean vijay has a better defence.

i have not seem him bowl much , just saw one over on tv which was not too Impressive, i think he was 125k to 130K but he was trying bouncers...