Shastri - another ten days of practice here would have made a difference. Kohli contradicts him

10 hours ago, Khota said:

This is a must read for everyone if you want to understand about coaching. Cricket, Football, Basketball end of the day it is all the same for team sports. After reading this about Belichick you will feel like kicking this moron Shastri out. I have no desire to offend anyone or no effort to hijack a thread but giving a different viewpoint:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/13/bill-belichick-leadership-rules.html

See him two weeks from now. Dilly Dilly.

Crap, In India some student have potential to come back and shoot the teacher if he felt offended.

53 minutes ago, diga said:

Somehow I get the feeling that one of the bcci mandarins is in cahoots with star sports... The unnecessary scheduling of SL series, change in the IPL match timings ( not changed for past 10 years) is to generate extra revenue for the broadcaster

No!  You mean the BCCI makes decisions based on money and $$$ instead of the actual results of the games?  Shocking!!   What a revelation.  

9 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Vijay shankar shud have been given a chance 

Resting bhuvi n bumrah we cud have tried new pacers 

I really dont knw what the hell is dinesh karthik doing in that side 

1st lets play our best team and prepare well then say if we are good enough or not

How is that Shastri or Kohli are responsible for selection of squad.They played their best team and lost. It is very simple the batting has been inept why can't people accept that fact. 

Pujara , Vijay and openers along with Rohit have not shown up, how can you expect them to do better than they done.

Edited by putrevus
21 minutes ago, putrevus said:

How is that Shastri or Kohli are responsible for selection of squad.They played their best team and lost. It is very simple the batting has been inept why can't people accept that fact. 

Pujara , Vijay and openers along with Rohit have not shown up, how can you expect them to do better than they done.

How is playing dhawan ahead of rahul better

Rohit ahead of rahane

Bhuvi being dropped after doing well 

Ghanta, we played our best team. We played with only 2 batsman having overseas credentials 

"I personally don't feel that we didn't feel prepared starting this series. I won't sit here and point that out after losing a Test series. We had a week to prepare ourselves, five days because one day we were travelling," Kohli said ahead of the third Test starting tomorrow.

"So we had that and we went ahead with that. As I said, we are not going to sit and think of outside factors that made us lose. It was our errors, our mistakes of not capitalising on situations that led us to the result being 2-0 so far,"

Brilliant from Kohli about not giving any excuse for failures.This is the reason why this guy is the best captain India ever had.

29 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

How is playing dhawan ahead of rahul better

Rohit ahead of rahane

Bhuvi being dropped after doing well 

Ghanta, we played our best team. We played with only 2 batsman having overseas credentials 

Didn't Rahul play in second test??? you would have the first person to comment why Rohit did not play if Rahane did not do well.

It is not Kohli's fault that Rahane looked like crap  and couldn't buy a run for whole series before coming here.He does not have any magic , he went with what he saw and it did not work out.

24 minutes ago, putrevus said:

"I personally don't feel that we didn't feel prepared starting this series. I won't sit here and point that out after losing a Test series. We had a week to prepare ourselves, five days because one day we were travelling," Kohli said ahead of the third Test starting tomorrow.

"So we had that and we went ahead with that. As I said, we are not going to sit and think of outside factors that made us lose. It was our errors, our mistakes of not capitalising on situations that led us to the result being 2-0 so far,"

Brilliant from Kohli about not giving any excuse for failures.This is the reason why this guy is the best captain India ever had.

Not just the best captain India ever, but the greatest cricket captain ever.  Period.

43 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Didn't Rahul play in second test??? you would have the first person to comment why Rohit did not play if Rahane did not do well.

It is not Kohli's fault that Rahane looked like crap  and couldn't buy a run for whole series before coming here.He does not have any magic , he went with what he saw and it did not work out.

Anyone can fail , but u have to play ur best XI

Dhawan n rohit are FTB , they shudnt be even considered

No , i wnt even keep rohit in squad .

How many legends have had bad series. Tendulkar avg 17 in test cricket throughout 2003 , means ull drop ur main player. Kohli looked crap in eng , was he dropped. U hve to back ur main player and rahane as by virat kohli's own words have been team pillar. To replace rahane with someone who avg 22 overseas is idiotic as anything

39 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Anyone can fail , but u have to play ur best XI

Dhawan n rohit are FTB , they shudnt be even considered

No , i wnt even keep rohit in squad .

How many legends have had bad series. Tendulkar avg 17 in test cricket throughout 2003 , means ull drop ur main player. Kohli looked crap in eng , was he dropped. U hve to back ur main player and rahane as by virat kohli's own words have been team pillar. To replace rahane with someone who avg 22 overseas is idiotic as anything

How is that Kohli's fault that they are in squad, you suddenly expect Rahane to do well after he failed miserably in Sl series without any practice matches.

Rahane and tendulkar or Kohli or not the same. Rahane is  a one dimensional player who made his own bed by flopping miserably in SL. Rahane was given all the chances which anyone could have given to show that he was able to bat.If he flopped there is no one to be blamed except himself.

How do you know he did not look like crap in practice?? That's all they had before first test and one Rohit was given a chance they could not have made two changes once they gave Rahul a chance . 

Gavaskar was first person to criticize that move of dropping Dhawan also.