Virat likes Rahane at #4 in ODIs :((

sandeep

14 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Rahane can do well at 4 in SA and he enjoys their bowling 

But

Is it a permanent solution ???? Nooooo

Also he still will have a limitation in acceleration 

Ideas like this is the reason we are going nowere in finding no. 4

The truth is we've given many players opportunities at 4 . No one has stood up and said 'This spot is mine'.

I agree that Rahane is not the long term option, but he will do well here. 

I think Raina will be back soon and given a chance at 4.

Edited by Dada's Army

Rahane can bat at higher pace as he has done in the IPL. However issue is that he has failed a lot after being giving plenty of chances.

The guy over all in terms of ability to play all the formats is right up there with Kohli, so that thing shouldn’t be questioned that Rahane can play ODI’s or not. Thing going against Rahane is that Rahane has been inconsistent.(consistent of late).

However in a team like India where batting has generraly struggled in ODI’s as our new players like Pandey etc haven’t converted their chances into full time position, it has been hard to carry players like Rahane who have been also inconsistent themselves over a long time now.

Recently though Rahane has scored runs but only at home and it leaves captain in a situation where whether they keep playing Rahane who is extremely talented or should move on to another youngster.

They are doing the same thing with Rahane what they did with Rohit who failed miserably in the middle order, in fact he failed more than Rahane, consistently. 

Now with wc games happening in England next year, they feel Rahane could be utilized and benefit India.

Time will decide but now since we have given so many chances to Rahane in last series, its time to stick with him on this tour. Drop him if he fails after this but we will habe to plau him or Karthik.

Same could be said for Karthik. 

Ideally, I would like to see only one of the two mentioned. Guys like Pant will have hard time making into the team because of these selections.

7 minutes ago, Dada's Army said:

The truth is we've given many players opportunities at 4 . No one has stood up and said 'This spot is mine'.

I agree that Rahane is not the long term option, but he will do well here. 

I think Raina will be back soon and given a chance at 4.

we have given opp to wrong players

Yuvi (done n dusted)

Raina (even 5 is a bit high for him)

Raydu (not international class)

rahane (doesnt deserve to be in Odi side)

Karthik :phehe: 

Rest the potential players like iyer, pandey , rahul , nair havent been given enough chances. U have to find few players and give them few opp . Atleast among all we can say pandey has got some opp but still need a few more 

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Stop with the greenbro comparisons to our players.  That's disrespectful to a Rahane and a Karthik.  Karthik may be an underachiever, but is a 100x better than Khatmal.  And Rahane has scored tough runs all over the world.   Stop insulting them.

Karthik is yet to score a century in his 10+ year Odi career. I know Khatmal is a bullshit cricketer but even he has 5 centuries to his name. Yet this guy is in the scheme of things for the World Cup :hysterical: 

21 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

No posters will be begging to drop rahane and dhoni and groom someone new for the WC ;)

Dhoni up there with Kohli for ODI’s.

For T20s, he is not required and we need to move on from him in that forma.

Time to realize that there is a massive difference in terms of t20 requirement for India and ODI’s requirements.

Dhoni is needed for world cup 2019 while Dhoni is not needed for t20 world cup.

It's actually a good sign. Let Rahane eat up some balls batting first or in chasing, we would then see the real finishing capabilities of our 5,6 and 7. 

Ideal scenario would be to see openers and Virat having a very bad series but then Dhoni will be sent at 4 probably and he will do his 60 of 95 balls till 48th over and wait for some Perera or Faulkner kind of bowler and improve the strikerate