Time is running out for KL Rahul

Gollum

9 hours ago, Lannister said:

:giggle: Rahul can take his own sweet time. Afterall, this is only his first England tour. So many pretenders in this team had got more chances than that. 

Post that 100 in SCG these are his scores in SENA:

104 runs in 10 innings with HS 23. How much more time? I doubt a Pakistani batsman will survive with these stats. If you are a supporter of Rahul you should be extremely worried. Done zilch in SENA and last 100 in 2016.......makes for grim reading. I bet some of our bowlers have outbatted him in SENA this year, certainly Bhuvi and Ashwin. 

P.S I am a big supporter of Rahul and believe he will get into the groove at some point, but certainly can't run away from his consistent no shows. Have to be brutally honest even as a fan, all his contemporaries are stealing the march over him.

3 hours ago, Pollack said:

This series should be his last chance.If he keeps failing let him toil harder to get into team some other day. He can be dropped for time being.

i think he might do well in austarlian conditions .. not good when the ball is swinging like rohit 

also bit casual in his approach  

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Post that 100 in SCG these are his scores in SENA:

104 runs in 10 innings with HS 23. How much more time? I doubt a Pakistani batsman will survive with these stats. If you are a supporter of Rahul you should be extremely worried. Done zilch in SENA and last 100 in 2016.......makes for grim reading. I bet some of our bowlers have outbatted him in SENA this year, certainly Bhuvi and Ashwin. 

P.S I am a big supporter of Rahul and believe he will get into the groove at some point, but certainly can't run away from his consistent no shows. Have to be brutally honest even as a fan, all his contemporaries are stealing the march over him.

Opening is always a tough job in places like England and South Africa. He has done well in this match contributing to two 50+ scores. And how did England openers fare in this test series? Test cricket is changing and it's time you come to terms and accept it that it's a bowlers game now. 

Edited by Lannister
Just now, putrevus said:

I can understand him having a bad series but this is second series with six months in between and he has done nothing. Let us not wet pants for him giving a good start. 

Playing with Five batsmen gives no room for players who show no improvement.

Do we have any Gavaskar in the sheds, any decent slip catcher in the bullpen?

27 minutes ago, velu said:

i think he might do well in austarlian conditions .. not good when the ball is swinging like rohit 

also bit casual in his approach  

He will be fine in swinging conditions too. Atleast no indication so far that he is as bad as Rohit when it swings. He needs a kick on his arse to take his game a bit more seriously.

15 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Opening is always a tough job in places like England and South Africa. He has done well in this match contributing to two 50+ scores. And how did England openers fare in this test series? Test cricket is changing and it's time you come to terms and accept it that it's a bowlers game now. 

140 runs in 11 innings with HS 36, still not good enough. SA and Eng are tough for Asian batsmen but don't warrant such disgraceful stats. Cook is an ATG on his last legs, nothing left to prove...when he was Rahul's age he was winning MOMs in India and Australia, not just England. Jennings is rubbish, I can't understand what ECB sees in him. I hold Rahul to higher standards but right now he is exhibiting a game that won't match up to lowly Pakistani standards...we have higher batting benchmarks. Today was a glorious chance to get a 100, shame he got out after a good start. 

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

140 runs in 11 innings with HS 36, still not good enough. SA and Eng are tough for Asian batsmen but don't warrant such disgraceful stats. Cook is an ATG on his last legs, nothing left to prove...when he was Rahul's age he was winning MOMs in India and Australia, not just England. Jennings is rubbish, I can't understand what ECB sees in him. I hold Rahul to higher standards but right now he is exhibiting a game that won't match up to lowly Pakistani standards...we have higher batting benchmarks. Today was a glorious chance to get a 100, shame he got out after a good start. 

So you want to drop him??

I think he has enough talent and skill to make it ,he needs to given a extended run.Today he missed out but he did extremely well to give us an explosive start and that flattened England, thats what he brings to the table.

If we keep dropping players left and right we ll never make great players 

Edited by RAZPOR