What are your world cup expectations from India?

vvvslaxman

6 hours ago, SK_IH said:

You guys are over rating Pakistan based on their T20 form. Over the last 2-3 years, they have done nothing of note in ODIs apart from a freak run in Champions Trophy. They have been slaughtered in ODIs mostly.

In Eng conditions , I ll never count out a full strength Aus side.

I'm not overrating Pakistani. You have to admit. They are playing 6odis in England right before the world cup so they will have a distinct advantage over 8 other teams including us. I agree they are crap but something about English conditions they do very well in. 

35 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

I'm not overrating Pakistani. You have to admit. They are playing 6odis in England right before the world cup so they will have a distinct advantage over 8 other teams including us. I agree they are crap but something about English conditions they do very well in. 

lol we were in Aus for 2 months before the last world cup.it hardly matters , if there are missing links in your squad. I am just going by what they have done in ODIs over the years, they are ranked where they are for a reason.

14 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

We should be favorite but if Pakistani get into God mode like they do then they will win.

actually it was sri lanka who played better than india and pakistan in champions trophy..pakistan werelucky not to be beaten by them after getting thrashed by india.and for england it was unlucky they lost out in semis....england will be mindfulof pitches to prepare and theywill prepare roads..in terms of man to man england has the best batting line up of last 20 years..jason roy,alex hales,bairstow,root,morgan,jos buttler -7 gun batsman plus their all rounders..also the pitches will be such that spinners wont have much impact..so it will be 350 totals every time..and if thats the case i dont think pakistan have any chance in hell to even be in semis as they are primarily dependent on hassan ali et al for squeeze..and in these roads they will be slaughtered

Since every team is going to play each other in this world cup, there is a big chance of us losing against pretty much every non minnow country due to a weak batting line up after top three. This middle order struggled against AFG and BD, do you think they can get us over the line in a high pressure world cup game against AUS, SA, ENG,NZ etc? Don't think so.

27 minutes ago, nevada said:

Since every team is going to play each other in this world cup, there is a big chance of us losing against pretty much every non minnow country due to a weak batting line up after top three. This middle order struggled against AFG and BD, do you think they can get us over the line in a high pressure world cup game against AUS, SA, ENG,NZ etc? Don't think so.

That is applicable for most. SA has a shaky middle order, NZ team doesnt collectively click, we have also seen how reliant aussies are on smith and warner. England at home should win first world cup.  

2 hours ago, nevada said:

SENA and even Pak/Afg have good bowling line ups. Once they get the top 3 they all have a winning shot.

10 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

SENA and even Pak/Afg have good bowling line ups. Once they get the top 3 they all have a winning shot.

To be quite frankly and honest, every team hold garbage players these days. There are very few elite players playing today unlike back in the days. Back in the days almost every team had multiple elite players: pointing, Gilchrist, Lara, Sangakkara, Murali, Tendulkar, Kali's, etc. Today we have at best 4-5 spread across teams. We have a pretty good shoot. At least we have top 3 going for us. Other teams have nothing going on for them.