Can Dhoni turn it around in the knock-outs?

Dhoni's game will be same.its the target and situation that will change the perspective. If we chase 270ish then his 60 ball 50 will be hailed.if we chase 330,same innings will be cursed. Similarly if we bat first and don't lost wickets at the other end his innings will be questioned. Otherwise he will be hailed as saviour. But he is never ever gonna go out of his method

SL vs India is dead rubber as i don't think Australia will miss the opportunity of finishing the top of the table. So India must give game time to Dhoni (assuming he is still not huffing and puffing) by promoting up the order. This is assuming he has no issues with batting for long periods. He can even give the gloves to Pant and chill out on the field. His job is not just to rotate the strike and maintain decent strike rate but also shepard the inexperienced middle order. This stonewalling approach is highly counter-productive. Adam Gilchrist never took a backward step in the world cup playoffs.  Infact if he shows aggression he can even catch England off guard. If he manages to draw the attention of England bowlers to him, others can quietly build the innings around him. Unfortuntely he draws  the attention of Indian dressing room more than the opposition team. 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Translation?

Umm i will rather decipher the moot point which thala pans have been harping ..they don't have any alliance with team india their only concern is lord thala nd they are rather perturbed by individual loss that thala has in terms of his legacy.. no tie up to what happens to India's fate in worldcup..nd even if people tears down dhoni appalling performance.. their alliance will remain with an individual instead of Team India.. this is what happens when u promote hero worshipping nd make an individual greater than country nd team..

23 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

These days I find him blink or do something with his eyes. I'm not sure if he can see properly. And you are having big hopes on the knockouts :laugh: Anyway good luck to him. We may need it :lol:

Yeah, he does that eye blinking thing a lot. I noticed it during the IPL also. Maybe his contacts are bothering him.