IPL expanding to 10-team format in 2021; Adani Group, Sanjeev Goenka and Tata interested parties

Which will be the two new teams?  I hope one of them isnt the Boring Pune again. There is no need to have two IPL teams from one State when most of the other populous states don't even have one. 

My Guess Gujarat will be on of them. Another could be based in the Hindi-Belt UP/MP.
It will be based on bids. Adani may bid for Ahmedabad. Tatas will likely bid for Ranchi and Goenkas for Pune.

There may be others as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Norman said:

:facepalm:

Really worried about the sport's future. 

No hype whatsoever for a world cup final. 

Dwindling interest everywhere except the SC. 

Very soon we'll have football style franchise leagues throughout the year with IPL at the forefront and occasional international games. :no:

Fukk BCCICC :whack:

There is no hype because it's in England, and whites in England have little.interest in ODIs

Just look at scheduling of WC finals, it same day as Wimbeldon Finals (Federer vs Djokovic) and F1 UK Gradprix.

Both tennis final and racing will have more tv viewers in UK and globally then the WC cricket final.

ICC and ECB are run by dinosaurs, cricket is dead sport globally. Only.major interest comes from India, in terms of players, sponsorships and of current viewweship. 

Every 2nd WC and t20 world cup should be played in India

2 hours ago, chewy said:

Adani shrewd, will probably go for team in Gujarat and setup base in world's biggest cricket stadium at New Motera stadium with 100,000 capacity.

It's a done deal 

New Motera  stadium wasn't built for maybe just maybe one international game every two years and certainly not for a hundred watching a Gujarat Ranji Trophy game . 

Adani built  a new township of 22,000 houses, a cricket park, a football park , a golf and leisure complex  and a business centre with the promise of something when new stadium built .