Sunil Gavaskar tears into BCCI selection committee, calls them ‘lame ducks’

45 minutes ago, Vilander said:

gavaskar wants Rohit sharma to be captain lol, mumbai lobby. But Kohli should have offered to resign from LOI captainship.

Mumbai lobby still better than chusky lobby. 

Forget Rohit, Kohli etc Leech Dhoni still doesn't want to retire. Kedar Jadhav also strangely (not so) manages to stay. :hysterical:

ms-dhoni-being-fed-by-kedar-jadhav-with-

Edited by Pollack
6 hours ago, nevada said:

Problem is with the Asian Cricketing structure. The Asian structure does not put the responsibility of defeat on the stakeholders enough. Thats why even after defeats in ICC tournaments , Defeats in Bilaterals  - hardly anything changes. Compare this with the structure that Australia or England have - even South Africa. Even 1 or 2 defeats trigger them to rebalance the team . 

Its not just selection committee. Its the TM, the captain everyone. Hardly anything changes. 

The structure needs to change here and for good !!!!!!!

Make Rohit captain of ODI team but please drop him from test squad. He doesn't deserve his place in longer format. Time to phase out Rahane as well with maybe someone like Shubhman Gill batting at 5.

Time to drop Dhoni & Jadhav from LOI squad as well.

Even though Gavaskar is right in this case, but he seems like biased towards players from my home state.

All this nepotism makes me sick, don't think I can follow LOI team with current management. It's comparatively better in test squad as far selection is concerned.

8 hours ago, VT87 said:

I'm always wonder, does kohli eat tobacco?his lower lip looks like a someone who eats tobacco more often than not. :hmmmm2: in our UP who holds tobacco underneath  their lower lips ,their lips look same as kohli. :confused:

More likely from eating Duck lips.

1 hour ago, DGBOSS said:

Pity how we Indians are consoling ourselves with our ordinary WC performance. 7 wins in a  row my foot !!!!!!! You dont get anything if you fail to win when it matters. !!!!!

Agreed. I was ok if we lost semis after a strong fight 

we looked like a rusty engine driven by three bulls ( Sharma bumrah and Gabbar) we had a fourth bull whom we strangely didn’t pick ( shami ) as we chose a mule to pull our cart when we were already one bull short 

somebody shot our remaining bull Sharma and match was lost . 

We we looked like a team which should not have reached semis . It’s sad that Rohit got many chances - this team was no better than the 2007 one 

3 hours ago, DGBOSS said:

Pity how we Indians are consoling ourselves with our ordinary WC performance. 7 wins in a  row my foot !!!!!!! You dont get anything if you fail to win when it matters. !!!!!

But they don’t get to the game that matters without winning those 7 games. Those games mattered too.