People want us to believe it's a massive loss - Virat Kohli

Cricwala

I was posting the scores of the 98/99 test at the same ground in the match thread. It was more competitive than this one and we had only one strike bowler in Srinath and a good spinner in Kumble. We conceded a lead of 140 odd and scored 300+ in the 2nd innings. At one stage, we had them at 5 wickets with 100 to get and they won with 4 wickets in hand. I was wrong to predict that Kohli will score a century like Sachin in the second innings which rat was never going to score. Sachin >>> Kohli no matter how many hundreds he scores in jamodis. That match in 99 was not a massive loss. This one is. Super V is showing his arrogance in downplaying his loss. What about accepting the poor performance and taking on the chin like bevda said. I believe bevda takes a lot on the chin from kohli in the dressing room #gotimuhmein

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

bhai he is talking about NZ ex players trying to play mind games with it, while admitting it is a big loss

Listening to the likes of Ian Smith, Mark Richardson on commentary, I agree that they are indeed making a big thing out of their team’s win.

The same team was clueless in Australia and languishing in the 5th spot in the ICC Test Championship. If only they can stop chest thumping and face reality. 

1 hour ago, Adi_91 said:

Listening to the likes of Ian Smith, Mark Richardson on commentary, I agree that they are indeed making a big thing out of their team’s win.

The same team was clueless in Australia and languishing in the 5th spot in the ICC Test Championship. If only they can stop chest thumping and face reality. 

Well think about it...they have just smashed the ultra-hyped #1 test team in the world (self-proclaimed ATG) in just an hour over 3 days. Ofcourse they will thump their chests.

8 hours ago, sandsaims said:

Kohli is right, people are over reacting..... they just lost a test match and probably will lose the next one too but we need to remember they are using this as a warm up for the IPL. 

Whether test cricket or IPL, follow captain wrogn's funda of not bothering with the scoreline. Just marvel at how well he competed.

Too much overhype (including overrating players)before a game, too much gloom after a game .... it is just cricket .... in SENA, home teams are overwhelming favorites,  though Ind can pull of a test win here and there 

As for the game, NZ was clinical, while Ind comical .... the result is history, team Ind needs to move on (in that sense it is good for the team to not ponder over the loss much as the next game starts in a few days) .... time to focus on the next game 

If Kohli’s statement helps the team to move on quickly from the loss and get ready (esp. mentally) for the next test, I have no problem with the statement. Ideally, statements should not be made for the fans (and how it sounds to them )but what helps the team  

Edited by zen
6 hours ago, Stan AF said:

You know what grinds my gears, irks me the most is that we didn't even make 200 in either innings. Hope this doesn't transform into a pattern.

the fact that  SL team won 2-0  chasing in the 4rth inns both times  against much formidable bowling line up  in SAF underlines the magnitude of the  pitiness of this bunch's performance.If not  for  absence of Smith & Warner even  the lone AUS series win would have been highly doubtful

1 hour ago, zen said:

Too much overhype (including overrating players)before a game, too much gloom after a game .... it is just cricket .... in SENA, home teams are overwhelming favorites,  though Ind can pull of a test win here and there 

As for the game, NZ was clinical, while Ind comical .... the result is history, team Ind needs to move on (in that sense it is good for the team to not ponder over the loss much as the next game starts in a few days) .... time to focus on the next game 

If Kohli’s statement helps the team to move on quickly from the loss and get ready (esp. mentally) for the next test, I have no problem with the statement. Ideally, statements should not be made for the fans (and how it sounds to them )but what helps the team  

not about the loss, but the timid manner  in which this was achieved..even minnow  like AFG would have scored atleast some  150 runs in the 2nd inns