Rohit not picked in Indian squad but fit to play in IPL?

Cricketics

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

If he looks fit, runs well, bats in the next 4 games, his leaving out of Aus series is all on Kh0li and his politics, He is trying to lure KL as VC into his camp. I want somebody else to captain India in LOIs.

wtf? its just a hamstring? there is no way he should miss the LOI games for that.something is fishy.

26 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/30197731/rohit-sharma-not-india-squad-play-again-ipl-australia-tour

This lends credence to the growing belief that Sharma could play later on in this IPL season - and, indeed, in Australia. In fact, though neither Mumbai nor the BCCI have revealed the severity of Sharma's injury, it is understood the player has been cautioned by the board's medical team to not take any chances because it would impact his availability for the Australian tour.

The BCCI medical team's caution is understandable because this is the second time Sharma has injured his left leg. In February Sharma was forced to return home from New Zealand after tearing his left calf muscle during the T20 leg of that series.”

BCCI should tell Rohit to stop playing IPL , if he wants to go Aus. Maybe he wants Kohli to go without him, lose horribly like they did in zNZ and lose his captaincy

As if his presence would have any impact in test series. Btw is he out of whole tour or he can still come back?

3 minutes ago, Nikola said:

As if his presence would have any impact in test series. Btw is he out of whole tour or he can still come back?

During the NZ tour, same stuff happened. First time he would have had his real test as an opener for India and he wasn't available. 

7 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

On a serious note, going into the first test match if Rohit is available without much practice between 2nd/8th November (expected date of Mumbai's last game in this IPL) and December 17 which is the date of the first test, which also happens to be a pink ball test, isn't ideal preparation. I hope he gets to play in ODI's there before to prepare. 

While Rohit can be useful in ODIs (though only a bilateral), I am not sure the impact he can make in T20s and in overseas Tests esp. opening in SENA 

4 minutes ago, zen said:

While Rohit can be useful in ODIs (though only a bilateral), I am not sure the impact he can make in T20s and in overseas Tests esp. opening in SENA 

Yeah, Aggarwal and Rahul for me anyway should open. Aggarwal was brillriant on last tour to Aus. Came in as a replacement, flown from India and played at the gradn stage of Boxing day and delivered 80 odd. That was some start to his test career. 

12 minutes ago, Nikola said:

BCCI statement said he is not in the squad because of injury and they are monitoring his progress. They might send him if he is match for. Unlike last time in NZ , where he dropped out of Tests due to hamstring injury, we have selected Rahul as a backup opener. 

7 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Screw IPL and :mi:

India first, rest all is irrelevant 

World Cups = Major Test Series  >  Other ICC tournaments = IPL  >  ODI/T20 Bilaterals :dance: 

Edited by zen

Rohit missed NZ tour as well..  As soon as overseas tour looms dude decided to skip Aussie tour as well.  Anyways he is almost 33 so he should be kept away from Test side.  In ODI we may need him there..  But Agarwal & Dhawan might do the job with KL at 5.  In T20 good riddance. 

I was wondering why Aggarwal was not playing the last few matches for KXIP. Same issue, where BCCI might not include him in the India squad to tour Australia because of any injury scare. 

The way they are pushing Mandeep Singh, I doubt if Mayank will feature in the rest of Punjab matches, quite naturally, he has picked India duty over Kings Punjab duty. Not a wise decision to schedule such a long IPL season before a major series.

Edited by coffee_rules

20 hours ago, Mariyam said:

:((

Of course I want our team to win. 

I am not too fussed about these bilateral series. Obviously I root for India in all the multi nation events and even watch those games. Some of them at least.

I was at the Wankhede when Dhoni hit that 6 which won us the WC. :isalute:

IPL seasons are a lot more enjoyable than an India vs Aus test series or even a T20 series. 

Actually its the same for 80% of indians too. Ipl is more important for the masses. 

This scenario can be explained by an example, Salman khan's movies create a festival like atmosphere in india while kk menons movies go unnoticed. Its the same thing in cricket. 

You are amongst the "Sallu bhai fan" category in cricket, just like how his fans refuse to acknowledged the low quality of his films you refuse to acknowledge that indian pyjama league has absolutely 0 value in world cricket. Nobody can achieve legendary status playing in this pyjama league. 

As someone rightly said "Hit and giggle" . 

3 hours ago, Adamant said:

Actually its the same for 80% of indians too. Ipl is more important for the masses. 

This scenario can be explained by an example, Salman khan's movies create a festival like atmosphere in india while kk menons movies go unnoticed. Its the same thing in cricket. 

You are amongst the "Sallu bhai fan" category in cricket, just like how his fans refuse to acknowledged the low quality of his films you refuse to acknowledge that indian pyjama league has absolutely 0 value in world cricket. Nobody can achieve legendary status playing in this pyjama league. 

As someone rightly said "Hit and giggle" . 

That is quite an observation. That is exactly what I am. An 'aam Hindustani'.

Since you draw parallels with Bollywood, it is an 'aam Hindustani' and not Mr.India who finishes off Mogambo and his evil designs. :proud: