Australia A vs India ¦ 2nd practice match! December 11! SYDNEY

18 hours ago, Soumo said:

Saha scored a 50 not 100 and against fast bowling pant is good but with his indifferent form and most importantly fitness saha should get the nod.

you are right...i got it wrong, saha scored a 50.

today rishabh scored a rapid 100 and kind of picked himself for the test as normally any batsman who scores a ton is not asked to be on bench.

i think rshabh will play.

but starc cummin hazzel wood and may be pattinson woud be a much dangerous attack. in this SA 11 attack only sutherland looked a bit fast, all others looked second grade and definitely not international bowlers.  in T20 , i liked the left arm fast Sams , he looked fast.  Green was more of an allrunder and not a genuine fast bowler.

apart from starc hazel pattinson and cummins ..i found sutherland and Sams ( left arm quick) as good fast bowlers.

all others were below par and not good enough to be best 3 pacers of the coulntry.

where as siraj and saini are as good as Umesh if not better so our 4th and 5th pacers are quite close to the third pacer though first two are premier fast bowlers.

point i want to make once starc and cummins hang up their boots , they may loose a bit of teeth as other bowlers are even inferior to Hazelwood.

1 hour ago, nitinbwj said:

Why the hell are we still batting.No way in hell they are going to chase over 350.300 was enough..:wall:

This is a practice match and we have long 4 test coming up , actually we should bat till the 2nd seosen and then unleash our pacers for short spells. There is no need to tire out the bowlers for a practice match and winning doesn't matter in these games. Actually few bowlers should have a hit in middle because in these conditions runs from tail means a lot

2 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

point i want to make once starc and cummins hang up their boots , they may loose a bit of teeth as other bowlers are even inferior to Hazelwood.

Cummins still got another 6-7 yrs in him. That's a long time to find another quality fast bowler. Remember Cummins debuted at 18 and took a fifer so it's not impossible to find another great pacer in the meantime

I am probably Saha's biggest fan here. Still I want TM to reward merit, if Saha starts in the XI  in any of the matches I will be very very annoyed (unless Pant is ruled out cos of injury). Even at home against Eng I want Pant to start, team can't afford to carry a 37 yo esp when you have such a tremendous prospect as his successor. Saha hasn't been lucky, blocked till 2014 and then his injury mismanaged by NCA/BCCI dolts, sandwiched between Dhoni and Pant (future great), but he had a pretty decent career and was integral part of a #1 test side. Hope he has a couple of good seasons in IPL.

Edited by Gollum
16 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I am probably Saha's biggest fan here. Still I want TM to reward merit, if Saha starts in the XI  in any of the matches I will be very very annoyed (unless Pant is ruled out cos of injury). Even at home against Eng I want Pant to start, team can't afford to carry a 37 yo esp when you have such a tremendous prospect as his successor. Saha hasn't been lucky, blocked till 2014 and then his injury mismanaged by NCA/BCCI dolts, sandwiched between Dhoni and Pant (future great), but he had a pretty decent career and was integral part of a #1 test side. Hope he has a couple of good seasons in IPL.

Also Pant hasn't put a foot wrong in this warm up game. He has taken the catches and scored. Should be picked but you never know with rat

28 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

you are right...i got it wrong, saha scored a 50.

today rishabh scored a rapid 100 and kind of picked himself for the test as normally any batsman who scores a ton is not asked to be on bench.

i think rshabh will play.

but starc cummin hazzel wood and may be pattinson woud be a much dangerous attack. in this SA 11 attack only sutherland looked a bit fast, all others looked second grade and definitely not international bowlers.  in T20 , i liked the left arm fast Sams , he looked fast.  Green was more of an allrunder and not a genuine fast bowler.

apart from starc hazel pattinson and cummins ..i found sutherland and Sams ( left arm quick) as good fast bowlers.

all others were below par and not good enough to be best 3 pacers of the coulntry.

where as siraj and saini are as good as Umesh if not better so our 4th and 5th pacers are quite close to the third pacer though first two are premier fast bowlers.

Yeah he did batted well and I absolutely love to see pant as a wicket keeper batsman for the test team but my only worry is his fitness has gone down in last couple of years and if he can maintain his stamina through the test matches that would be a huge boost for the line up.

Coming to the australian bowlers they will always have good bowlers coming through their ranks such is there nature of of domestic structure. There was a time in between 2009 and 2014 they didn't had many express pace bowler except johnson but they had very skilled bowlers like siddle, hilfenhus, Bollinger and few others they were very genuine wicket taking bowlers without the extrapace that they have now so I don't think it's going to be ever a problem for them to produce a good pace bowlers and there history supports that.

Edited by Soumo
35 minutes ago, Soumo said:

This is a practice match and we have long 4 test coming up , actually we should bat till the 2nd seosen and then unleash our pacers for short spells. There is no need to tire out the bowlers for a practice match and winning doesn't matter in these games. Actually few bowlers should have a hit in middle because in these conditions runs from tail means a lot

Yes ... I hope we bat for atleast 1 more session.

We need to keep Bumrah and Shami fresh for the test match on the 17th.

They should not bowl more than 6 overs each tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

Saha should not even be on this tour based on Pants previous tour.

Who should have been 2nd keeper then? Rahul? Samson and Ishan don't even keep in IPL and Bharat hasn't done anything of note, nor is he an earmarked player. 

17 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Who should have been 2nd keeper then? Rahul? Samson and Ishan don't even keep in IPL and Bharat hasn't done anything of note, nor is he an earmarked player. 

Bharat has already been part of our Test team as cover for Saha and for Pant in ODIs. Has been the main keeper for India A tours (unofficial tests) for a couple of years now.

He's the 3rd best keeper for Tests now and would become number 2 after Saha's retirement. Ultimately Pant will be all format wk-batsman with Samson/Ishan as number 2. Don't see this Rahul as keeper experiment lasting for too long

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

I honestly believe he is the best pure keeper amoung all three. Batting obviously no comparison Dhoni and Pant are in different league.