Aussies are undercooked and easily beatable

maniac

After the first 2 odis, I thought this is going to be a repeat of 1999-2000 or 2011-2012 but the way our players fought in the T20 series and the final Odi and watching Aussie bench strength in the warmups, Aussies look undercooked.

Starc looks average and Cummins too is not at his best. Lyon and Hazelwood are threats but nothing earth shattering.

Warner is out and Smith seems to have injury issues. Labuschagne is talented but he is not in the league of Rahul,Gill.

The way Aussies have been getting concussed, our bowling may be too hot to handle and above all its a disgrace to lose to a team that has Tim Paine as the captain.

We are overrating them. In fact they are more vulnerable than they were in 2018.

As our coach would say all the time as the only thing he knows about coaching 

“Let’s smaaash them boys”

Agree. Before series i actually thought they might whitewash us easily but now i think if our full strength team plays then we might draw the series against them. For aus warner already gone and other openers are going to be walking wicket and now with smith's injury their only key batsman will be marnus labuschagne who has experience of just 14 tests. Their bowling is still good but like last series their batting is still pretty weak and far too inexperienced.

Edited by Nikola
1 minute ago, Nikola said:

Agree. Before series i actually thought they might whitewash us easily but now i think if our full strength team plays then we might draw the series against them. For aus warner already gone and other openers are going to be walking wicket and now with smith's injury their key batsman will be marnus labuschagne who has experience of just 14 tests. Their bowling is still good but like last series their batting is still pretty weak and far too inexperienced.

There bowling has deteriorated since. Has Lyon bowled this year? Starc and Cummins have gone down in quality. Hazelwood has improved though so he is going to be a potential threat. The backups look bang average 

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

There bowling has deteriorated since. Has Lyon bowled this year? Starc and Cummins have gone down in quality. Hazelwood has improved though so he is going to be a potential threat. The backups look bang average 

I think their bowling will come good if their batsman score runs against us. Starc might get back to form after playing with pink ball and Cummins, Lyon are class in test cricket.

Edited by Nikola

Aussies dont know what's in store for them. They are a good side at home and obviously know their conditions well but am quietly confident that India will beat them. The pink ball test will be a big challenge as its new territory for Indian team but if India can pull off a win there, Aussies will be taking cover for the rest of the series. Watch out for KL Rahul and Shubman Gill in this series.

Edited by kubrickian
2 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

Aussies dont know what's in store for them. They are a good side at home and obviously know their conditions well but am quietly confident that India will beat them. The pink ball test will be a big challenge as its new territory for Indian team but if India can pull off a win there, Aussies will be taking cover for the rest of the series.

long time. Welcome back

Let us do a player by player comparison in their conditions, also factoring in present form and choosing our best team.

Indian openers and their openers roughly same level (on paper we are much better but form is a question mark, NZ scars, unsettled combo, away conditions for us, both pairs probably going to suck against elite quicks armed with brand new cherry esp pink ball)

Pujara=Labu

Kohli<Smith

Rahane<Head

Vihari=Green (actually I think Green is better, but calling it draw since he has no international exposure, untested)

Pant>Paine

Ashwin<Lyon

Umesh/Siraj/Saini<Starc

Shami+Bumrah=Cummins+Hazlewood

4-1 in favor of Aus and 6 draws. If we pick Saha it will be 4-0 and 7 draws. How are we favorites? Ishant would have countered Starc but will play no part in the series, Kohli is leaving which will tilt the balance even more in favor of Aus in that #4 spot (Smith vs who?), Warner will come back thus giving them the edge in opening department as well. Jaddu won't match Lyon even if he averages 40 with the bat. 

Edited by Gollum