Shreyas Iyer has the same swag as Viv Richards

maniac

One common thing though. Exposing all 3 stumps and hitting through extra cover. Richards was master of it. Tendulkar after his 143 at desert storm he said he felt he had the swag. One of his shot was like that against damien fleming.  Iyer does it regularly. In one of the match he played a similar shot against Starc for 4.

I dont rate any player that is weak vs short ball. Sorry. In saying that. His mental toughness is something I admire. I hope he fixes our 2 down / 3 down issues. I am still not convinced but worth a shot. 

Edited by Jay
52 minutes ago, Jay said:

I dont rate any player that is weak vs short ball. Sorry. In saying that. His mental toughness is something I admire. I hope he fixes our 2 down / 3 down issues. I am still not convinced but worth a shot. 

Rohit, Kohli, KL Rahul, Old Kahane, DK, Gill are the most confident players against short balls. Rest of the players are iffy to varying degree.  Honestly if you know how not to get out to short ball that is enough. Raina for the best of his career managed to do that.

Edited by vvvslaxman