Jump to content

Australia selectors should resign if they have any sense of responsibility: Sunil Gavaskar


sage

Recommended Posts

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricket/story/australia-selectors-should-resign-if-they-have-any-sense-of-responsibility-sunil-gavaskar-2343045-2023-03-06

 

Sunil Gavaskar highlighted the shortcomings of Australian selectors for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy and urged them to resign if they have any sense of responsibility.

Gavaskar felt that instead of pointing fingers at the visiting players, their selectors should be questioned. 

 

"While the ex-Australian players on the various media platforms are having a real go at their players, the ones who should be the real targets are the Australian selectors," Gavaskar wrote in his column for Sportstar.

 
 
 

"How can they pick three players (Hazlewood, Starc, and Cameron Green) who they knew would not be available for selection for the first two Test matches? That is, for half the series, the team management had only 13 players to pick from.

Gavaskar further questioned the addition of Matthew Kuhnemann when the team had a similar player.

"Then they fly in a newcomer (Matthew Kuhnemann) when they had a similar player already in the team. If they didn’t think the player in the team was good enough, why did they pick him in the first place?
"That meant the team management was picking their 11 from 12 players. Ridiculous. If they have any sense of responsibility the selectors should resign even if Australia make a stunning comeback and win the next two Tests and level the series," wrote Gavaskar.

 
Link to comment

The other day someone asked him if India should adopt Bazball style of play and he said I am not aware what this term means. Lol, why is this guy even in the commentary box. That's why we hear so much bakwas from him when he is doing the commentary like Virat Kohli is India's best player of spin :phehe: . Totally out of touch of what is going on.

 

Edited by Number
Link to comment
10 hours ago, express bowling said:

Gavaskar's points are valid. 

 

I am happy that he said this.

 

I am even more sad that Gavaskar turns a blind eye to pathetic selections by Indian selectors and poor team selections by the TM. Why did we fill our squad with floaty swing bowlers for Australia ? And many more. 

 

Brother, I need your guidance here.

 

In regards to following cricket, I feel rather dejected and deflated.

 

I have followed and loved Indian Cricket for years, which being in Australia you can imagine is hard to do with the limited coverage in the early years. Through that time I have been spoilt  with awesome batsmen that I loved and enjoyed, not to mention a few bowlers as well.

 

The fighting spirit of Ganguly, the strong temperament of SRT, the tactical nous of Dhoni and the flamboyancy of Yuvraj. Dont get me started on Kumble standing up to the Australians in Australia and Bhaji fighting with the Aussies at their peak.

 

However, I dont love the players of 2023 the same as I did back then. I dont love TM and I definitely dont love the BCCI.

 

Our team is being taken away from us and picked by sponsors and companies.

 

My interest is waning and I dont know what to do?

 

Losing Pant and Bumrah hurts me a lot, because I really did love them. No one in this current line up excites me and makes me love them.


Its sad really, surely I cant be alone in this thinking???

Link to comment
7 hours ago, SRT100 said:

 

 

Our team is being taken away from us and picked by sponsors and companies.

 

My interest is waning and I dont know what to do?

 

Losing Pant and Bumrah hurts me a lot, because I really did love them. No one in this current line up excites me and makes me love them.


Its sad really, surely I cant be alone in this thinking???

 

 

Exactly my thoughts bro !

 

I too am losing interest big time. We have not been able to develop any exciting genuine quick after Bumrah despite so much raw material. Umran maybe the only shining light.

 

Pant and Gill were the only batters who captured my imagination but Pant is gone.

 

Sponsors, IPL.franchises and sports management companies are heavily influencing selections and an apparently weak TM and Selectors are playing along. 

 

I still watch some parts of the games

more out of habit than excitement. I don't look forward to India games any more. 

 

In the upcoming ODIs, I will just watch the parts featuring Gill, Umran and Siraj ... but Umran maybe dropped. 

Link to comment
8 hours ago, SRT100 said:

My interest is waning and I dont know what to do?

 

Losing Pant and Bumrah hurts me a lot, because I really did love them. No one in this current line up excites me and makes me love them.


Its sad really, surely I cant be alone in this thinking???

You're not alone here, I'm having the same drop in interest from last few months.
Entire BGT I just watched highlights at the end of day and maybe few overs during weekend when I had nowhere to go.
We're not introducing young players and are stuck with the same old faces from more than a decade who have more failures recently in their resume than success. But they keep on playing series after series because of supposedly TINA as per our coach.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

 

 

Exactly my thoughts bro !

 

I too am losing interest big time. We have not been able to develop any exciting genuine quick after Bumrah despite so much raw material. Umran maybe the only shining light.

 

Pant and Gill were the only batters who captured my imagination but Pant is gone.

 

Sponsors, IPL.franchises and sports management companies are heavily influencing selections and an apparently weak TM and Selectors are playing along. 

 

I still watch some parts of the games

more out of habit than excitement. I don't look forward to India games any more. 

 

In the upcoming ODIs, I will just watch the parts featuring Gill, Umran and Siraj ... but Umran maybe dropped. 

 

Actually it was because of you, you sparked my interest in the fast bowling.

 

I was so excited that we could match all the SENA countries with powerful weapons. Yet they are not played and not supported.

 

I dont have any pleasure watching India bat anymore. Im sorry but Kohli's century made me sad. I know for a certainty it was because of the pitch and he refused to play any stroke that could get him out. He wont achieve that score on any pitch offering any small assistance to bowlers.

 

I enjoy Umran and I do like Siraj. Gill is good too. I just feel like the light is dimming on my pleasure of Indian Cricket.

 

I tolerated Pujara and Kohli because Pant was there to excite me. He is gone and gone for good.

I will check scores and Im sure I will be back here in 2-3 days for the ODI's but my passion is long gone.

Link to comment
39 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

You're not alone here, I'm having the same drop in interest from last few months.
Entire BGT I just watched highlights at the end of day and maybe few overs during weekend when I had nowhere to go.
We're not introducing young players and are stuck with the same old faces from more than a decade who have more failures recently in their resume than success. But they keep on playing series after series because of supposedly TINA as per our coach.

 

I didnt even bother watching Kohli's century or the highlights. Dead pitch, I mean its a fraudulent century.


The century means he will be in the team for at least another 12-24 months regardless of form.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...