'Losing is good at times': Hardik Pandya's big statement after T20I series defeat against West Indies

sage

4 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Year 2021:  "We can win any tournament by putting together 3 different teams".      Year 2023:  "Losing against a team which didn't qualify for t20 WC is actually good for Indian cricket.  We can learn a lot from it" :hatsoff: Remarkable Evolution of Disco Dandyaa as a cricketer and as a humble sportsman.  :hysterical: 

WI fed him some humble pie, and he enjoyed it so much that he has gobbled it up fully.... and wants more of this humble pie in the future

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

More worried about some of the decision making, like backing Samson for no good reason, underbowling Axar, trundler fetish, those two clowns Chahal and Mukesh getting selected ahead of more promising youngsters.....

Let it go.... as I posted elsewhere Dravid is impressed by Mukesh.  

"Mukesh as well. He debuted in all the formats in this series and I thought he acquitted himself really well. His ability to bowl at the death, sometimes he was called upon to bowl against some really big powerful hard hitters and he acquitted himself well for someone who was just playing his fourth or fifth game."

1 minute ago, AKane said:

Let it go.... as I posted elsewhere Dravid is impressed by Mukesh.  

"Mukesh as well. He debuted in all the formats in this series and I thought he acquitted himself really well. His ability to bowl at the death, sometimes he was called upon to bowl against some really big powerful hard hitters and he acquitted himself well for someone who was just playing his fourth or fifth game."

If they continue backing these Unadkats and Mukeshs, they deserve all the humiliation in the world. I mean if these basic trundlers had the hitting ability of say a Rashid Khan or Curran, would have been somewhat logical. 

31 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

This t20 team was a bunch of rookies and those trying to establish themselves. They are not magically going to become winners. We need to show some patience.

8 out of 11 players who played yesterday hv been around for close to 4-5 yrs in intl cricket.  Only M Kumar, Jaiswal and Varma are new.   Our team is not even close to being 'bunch of rookies'  

3 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Year 2021:  "We can win any tournament by putting together 3 different teams".      Year 2023:  "Losing against a team which didn't qualify for t20 WC is actually good for Indian cricket.  We can learn a lot from it" :hatsoff: Remarkable Evolution of Disco Dandyaa as a cricketer and as a humble sportsman.  :hysterical: 

So, have the WI dropped out of both the T20 and 50 over World cups? Just disband their test team to end the misery!

Pandu seems make shift captain and even he knows that. Maybe 2024 wt20, that's it. Once Pant-Iyer returns, youngsters like Jaiswal-Gill-Tilak consolidate their positions, India will have many options for captaincy. As of now, Pandu being sure starter in XI, is the only choice of captaincy and we are stuck with him. 

1 hour ago, Bigg Brother said:

Pandu seems make shift captain and even he knows that. Maybe 2024 wt20, that's it. Once Pant-Iyer returns, youngsters like Jaiswal-Gill-Tilak consolidate their positions, India will have many options for captaincy. As of now, Pandu being sure starter in XI, is the only choice of captaincy and we are stuck with him. 

impressed with Tilak's on field attitude for MI & TI.. also seen few of his interviews and seems to be a cool guy ( reminds someone? )..  Hoping that MI grooms him towards leadership roles soon. 

Edited by Vk1