Siraj or Ashwin - Who's your choice for the WC Final?

Downtown

It is Siraj Vs Thakur and Ashwin vs Kladeep 

Thakur is too risky to go with considering he is very unreliable, so it is definitely Siraj 

Ashwin Vs Kuldeep is still on, I am worried about Kuldeep going for runs against Maxi if he attacks him early on. Ashwin is definitely better option with his mental strength.

We have to consider the pitch and the outfield before evaluating our pacers in the SF.

The pitch was very flat and we scored at almost 8 runs an over and scored 397 despite Kohli playing at 6 runs an over for more than 100 of the total 300 balls we faced. 

The outfield was super fast and the ball was almost running to the boundary even if pushed gently.

Economy rates of the 6 pacers on view ... 

Southee   10.0

Siraj              8.7

Boult            8.6

Ferguson    8.1

Bumrah       6.4

Shami          5.8

Siraj was bowling well in his first 2 overs but was removed. I thought it could have been Shami replacing Bumrah as Siraj looked the better of the 2 in the first 4 overs. 

Later on, there was an over when a good Siraj bouncer was top edged for 6 behind the keeper and another sharp indipper was inside edged to the boundary. Both balls could have fetched wickets on another day. 

Siraj bowled 1 really poor over where he conceded 20 runs. But that can happen on a flat deck. 

Siraj wasn't at his best but wasn't as poor as it seems on the face of it,  in a match where our emotions were running high too and we understandably were not interested in tolerating any slack on such a critical day.

So, Siraj should not be dropped based on the SF match. And even otherwise we need 3 Frontline quicks in LOIs.

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We have to consider the pitch and the outfield before evaluating our pacers in the SF.

The pitch was very flat and we scored at almost 8 runs an over and scored 397 despite Kohli playing at 6 runs an over for more than 100 of the total 300 balls we faced. 

The outfield was super fast and the ball was almost running to the boundary even if pushed gently.

Economy rates of the 6 pacers on view ... 

Southee   10.0

Siraj              8.7

Boult            8.6

Ferguson    8.1

Bumrah       6.4

Shami          5.8

Siraj was bowling well in his first 2 overs but was removed. I thought it could have Shami replacing Bumrah as Siraj looked the better of the 2 in the first 4 overs. 

Later on, there was an over ehen a goid Siraj boyncer was top edged for 6 bwhind the keeper and another sharp indipper was inside edged to the boundary. Both balks could have fetched wickets on another day. 

Siraj bowled 1 really poor over where he conceded 20 runs. But that can happen on a flat deck. 

Siraj wasn't at his best but wasn't as poor as it seems on the face of it,  in a match where our emotions were running high too and we understandably were not interested in tolerating any slack on such a critical day.

So, Siraj should not be dropped based on the SF match. And even otherwise we need 3 Frontline quicks in LOIs.

he was really bad. I don't find much of a silver lining this match. only hope is that he gets a stern talking-to and does better

10 hours ago, Gollum said:

They won't change, otherwise Prasidh too could have been an option. 

Seriously Siraj gives me a heart attack every time he bowls or when ball goes to him. I can't take it anymore, violent thoughts crossed my mind today when he started that crazy round the wicket nonsense to Phillips. 

This guy was the #1 ranked ODI bowler for cryin' out loud! One or two bad games are to be expected but this guy seems to get unstuck, just falls apart! And his senior bowling partner Bumrah is his equal or better in dishing out crapfests. What are we going to do with both these match-winners(for opposition)? 

43 minutes ago, nevada said:

This guy was the #1 ranked ODI bowler for cryin' out loud! One or two bad games are to be expected but this guy seems to get unstuck, just falls apart! And his senior bowling partner Bumrah is his equal or better in dishing out crapfests. What are we going to do with both these match-winners(for opposition)? 

Bumrah went @ 6.4 yesterday on that featherbed

Could have got 3 if not for those simple drops

12 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

Don't think they will play Ashwin in the final.

Ashwin will end up being the only bowler in the history of Cricket who won two World Cups warming the bench.

Tbh he did well in the 2011 Motera QF. Dismissed Watson early in the innings, who was probably their most explosive batsman that time. And Ponting as well IIRC, in his final spell. For a newbie back then he was pretty clutch, also opened the bowling. 

Edited by Gollum
44 minutes ago, putrevus said:

It is big decision, Let us say if it is like lucknow or Eden garden's pitch, two spinners are plenty.But the way Aussies are attacking fast bowlers Siraj scares me a lot.

Also Siraj is a phattu- a lankan bully. 

The moment he is under attack - he just folds with his legs in between his tail.

He need someone like Ashwin - hope team management has sense to see through this and drop Siraj for Ashwin 

You can only have two pacer if you have pace all rounder.  Siraj can’t be benched and filled with ashwin.  I would be surprised if Rohit does it.  
first chance would be spinner. But if it is slow turning wicket then why not.