Sourav Ganguly's views on younsters

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

Tendulkar is the most selfish celebrity India ever had. You expect him to speak? Neither would Laxman and Gavaskar.

Tendulkar won't but Gavaskar would at some point. He  flip flops a lot in his opinions.

6 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

I think some of the blame is on the selectors. If they don't select the older players in the squad, then the captain can't select them. Fill the squad up with extra youngsters, and then the choice comes down to only youngsters.   

Selectors need to show some guts and drop Dhoni, Yuvi, Ashwin and Jadeja. 

4 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Selectors need to show some guts and drop Dhoni, Yuvi, Ashwin and Jadeja. 

We know that cricket culturally it is difficult for us to drop senior players, especially legend types, so it's hard to expect a younger captain to drop players senior to him, especially when it will be viewed as an act of disrespect.

This is why I am more hopeful of selectors making a difference, they are immune from criticism from the general public, as most normal cricket fans wouldn't even know their names. :phehe:

"First, let them get enough experience. Then we can think of phasing out the seniors,"

My problem is exactly this , there are so many open spots and tours like these against WI where we should be giving match practice to these guys . you just cant drop all your seniros and fill up 3-4 slots with youngsters  . Rohit was "rested" and Yuvis position was vacant , so we had an opportunity to try out likes of Pant and Rahul , since KL was not fit may be some other middle order bat may be even samson or Iyer . if these players do well , bring in the next set may be in 6-12 months as Dhoni and other middle order spots replacement . The way we are going now , we are going to be in the exact same situation even after 2 years and even of Dhoni is out of the team I will not be surprised if Saha takes his spot rather than Pant . 

58 minutes ago, New guy said:

I want Dhoni to speak and retire. Will he?

MSD is subordinate to Kohli. Tendulkar is still a very accomplished person and will be valued far more if he casts his vote. 

He had no issues when he said along with kumble that India should participate in CT. 

So in all honesty he can speak his mind if he wants to. Either for or against I will accept it. But issue that Kohli ruining chances of several indian prospects for word cup is equally grave if not more than CT participation

On 09/07/2017 at 5:10 PM, Pollack said:

Good to see. Dravid + Ganguly both have spoken against senior's hegemony. Want Laxman and Gavaskar to echo same along with few more ex-cricketers. 

Does vvs have something known as original thought in his brain? Was there a single time he made eye opening analysis while commentating?