No Shreyas Iyer (and Md. Siraj) in team 11 for T20i till series won?

fineleg

As per Cricinfo (not sure how true?)

Nehra will play his final international game at the Feroz Shah Kotla, which means additional rest for either Jasprit Bumrah or Bhuvneshwar Kumar. Shreyas Iyer may have to wait for the series to be won, before being given his international debut.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18029/preview/1120093/

They have listed a probable 11 with neither SI nor Siraj. So, both have to warm benches if series not won? C'mon give them chances in the 11 for all three T20s. At least let them get the exposure playing for India! Dont make them warm the benches.

Edited by fineleg

Let's see Our batting for tomo 

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

Karthik

Kedar

Dhoni

Pandya

Unless dhawan or Karthik is rested I dont see Iyer getting in... Unless bhuvi/nehra or Bumraj was rested I can't see siraj getting in. It's tough getting in first 2 T20Is

Edited by Rasgulla

I am really frustrated with Kohli as Captain, one of worst Captains around the world right now:

1) Doesn't give chances to any other young batsman, who can really make into Indian team. 

2) Goes after Done and Dusted batsman, who hardly got 2-3 years left in them.

3) He is not confident in himself to even Captain the side, relies on Dhoni to lead the team when needed.

4) Almost lost the series to Pathetic Australia, if not for KL Rahul and Pujara heroic innings. 

In Conclusion, he is just insecure person from looks of it. He is no leader, leaders have vision and command, what Kohli has now are mediocre chamchas in the team, who know its in the best interest for them to remain so.  

I was hoping Iyer was brought in for Dhawan  or even Karthik who doesn’t belong in the T20 lineup...Nehra over Siraj  well I will let it slide...farewell game for his old friend/mentor even though It shouldn’t be that way,I understand.

Edited by maniac
6 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Let's see Our batting for tomo 

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

Karthik

Kedar

Dhoni

Pandya

Unless dhawan or Karthik is rested I dont see Iyer getting in... Unless bhuvi/nehra or Bumraj was rested I can't see siraj getting in. It's tough getting in first 2 T20Is

Kedar Jadhav is not in the T20 squad so he cannot be there.

But yes I agree with posters saying the trio that sandeep listed above is BS for T20 cricket.

So, we've got an explosive opener with an average of 20 striking at 110,  the best no.4 in the world today, the beastly Manish Pandey who has a strike rate of less than 120 and the best finisher ever who always finishes off the innings explosively by striking at 120. As a result, poor KL Rahul, averaging 50 with a strike rate of 150, can't get into the XI. Our bench strength is so strong that it can even beat the main XI. Wonder how we even reached the SF and finals of the last two WT20s with this team. Oh yeah, Yuvraj was there right. Bring him back please. 

Just now, Jamadagni said:

So, we've got an explosive opener with an average of 20 striking at 110,  the best no.4 in the world today, the beastly Manish Pandey who has a strike rate of less than 120 and the best finisher ever who always finishes off the innings explosively by striking at 120. As a result, poor KL Rahul, averaging 50 with a strike rate of 150, can't get into the XI. Our bench strength is so strong that it can even beat the main XI. Wonder how we even reached the SF and finals of the last two WT20s with this team. Oh yeah, Yuvraj was there right. Bring him back please. 

Last T20  cup was all cause of Kohli. He was a one man army.

8 minutes ago, fineleg said:

Kedar Jadhav is not in the T20 squad so he cannot be there.

But yes I agree with posters saying the trio that sandeep listed above is BS for T20 cricket.

Why was kedar dropped ? I rather have him in T20s than pandey.

I see pandey and Rahul. He won't play Rahul in the middle from statements he made few days back. With kedar not in the squad there is a slight chance Iyer can get ahead of pandey... picking pandey ahead of kedar in that squad makes no sense. 

Dhawan/Rahul

Rohit

Kohli

Pandey/Iyer

Karthik

Dhoni

Pandya

That's what we are look at tomo. I don't fancy pandey's success if he bats below #4 

21 minutes ago, Jamadagni said:

seriously why the f is KL Rahul not playing...i dont understand this.

50 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

I am really frustrated with Kohli as Captain, one of worst Captains around the world right now:

1) Doesn't give chances to any other young batsman, who can really make into Indian team. 

2) Goes after Done and Dusted batsman, who hardly got 2-3 years left in them.

3) He is not confident in himself to even Captain the side, relies on Dhoni to lead the team when needed.

4) Almost lost the series to Pathetic Australia, if not for KL Rahul and Pujara heroic innings. 

In Conclusion, he is just insecure person from looks of it. He is no leader, leaders have vision and command, what Kohli has now are mediocre chamchas in the team, who know its in the best interest for them to remain so.  

his batting approach in ODIs very much defines ODI captaincy too.  More calculated and planned, less risks. I always had this doubt.