Not sure if Kohli is a long-term captaincy option - Graeme Smith

Oh really Mr. Smith how many world cups did your team under you stunk up even though you had strongest teams. Why didn’t you resign, Kohli lost a series in which his batting flopped and yet they competed fine.

Kohli is the greatest test captain from India and it won’t change just because of this series loss so please take your yap somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Oh really Mr. Smith how many world cups did your team under you stunk up even though you had strongest teams. Why didn’t you resign, Kohli lost a series in which his batting flopped and yet they competed fine.

Kohli is the greatest test captain from India and it won’t change just because of this series loss so please take your yap somewhere else.

What about Gavaskars critism? 

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

Greatest test captain from India? what's the basis for this hyperbole

Smith's analysis stems from seeing Kohli's impulsive behaviour and past results .. he is entitled to his views. For India, Kohli is the best option and I think he will learn.

Kohli's attacking ways were refreshing at first in Australia even though we lost the matches he captained..Now after more than an year of apprenticeship in home conditions, the expectation was that we will compete on equal footing against the South Africans. I am not too disappointed with the results as we managed to take 20 wkts and had a very good chance to chase down the target. May be things will change in Eng/Aus series. 

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

"I think if [Kohli] had a really constructive person in his environment, who could talk to him, make him think, maybe even challenge him with some different ideas... that would make him a really good leader"

Graeme Smith

No, that would lead to him being forced out like Anil Kumble. 

Kohli is a good captain on the field but has poor attitude and shows bias in selections. Kohli, unlike other Indian captains, likes fast bowlers to bowl more when the pitch is conductive and don’t bring on spinners straightaway, which is refreshing. 

On the other hand, Rahane would be a better option if people lose patience with kohli’s dramatics.