Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gollum

Time is running out for KL Rahul

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

Read what I had written before " debating "  strongly.

 

Let me repeat ...

Conditions were relatively easier for batting on Day 3 ( as the sun was shining brightly and there were no clouds and hence much less swing ).  On this day, we were able to beat Woakes only 11 times throughout the day.

 

On day 4,  it was raining on and off and quite cloudy and more consistent swing was avsilable.  On this day, in the first hour, Shami beat Woakes 8 times in only 4 overs.   

 

 

Where does the question of excuse arise !   I was merely pointing out the prevailing conditions and the ensuing results on 2 different days.

 

Obviously, our bowling attack was not as effective as it could have been.  When the captain plays only 2 specialist fast bowlers ( which includes an Ishant )  in conditions which are far more pro-pacer than pro-spinner ... what can we expect ?  Shami was the only effective specialist bowler we had in these conditions.

You should have first had a look at what I was responding to when you quoted my first post:

On 8/12/2018 at 9:44 PM, rkt.india said:

Chris woakes didn't exactly had to bat in these conditions. Are you blind?

 

16 hours ago, Pollack said:

Chris Woakes batting comfortably yesterday. A few minutes after India comes to bat and start dancing on the pitch. In second innings of India it wasn't unplayable. But yes very relentless bowling by England yet again. Gave absolutely no relief at any point.

So what I wrote what was definitely correct. rKT seems to feel woakes batted in easier conditions. I responded just few minutes later of Woakes batting in so called easier conditions, Indian batsmen were dancing to England bowlers tune. 

Maybe he meant in the  previous day. But honestly I believe Indian bowlers failed to exploit conditions properly. And yes he looked comfortable to me the next day too. A few play and misses are not a big deal here.

Edited by Pollack

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pollack said:

You should have first had a look at what I was responding to when you quoted my first post:

 

So what I wrote what was definitely correct. rKT seems to feel woakes batted in easier conditions. I responded just few minutes later of Woakes batting in so called easier conditions, Indian batsmen were dancing to England bowlers tune. 

Maybe he meant in the  previous day. But honestly I believe Indian bowlers failed to exploit conditions properly. And yes he looked comfortable to me the next day too. A few play and misses are not a big deal here.

 

I did know the context ... and I agree with Rkt on the batting condition issue.

 

I don't think you watched our bowling carefully on day 4.  Or somehow managed to watch Ishant mostly.

 

However, I agree with you that Ishant was poor in this test and that, along with no specialist 3rd pacer,  did not make our pace attack as effective as it could have been even on a relatively batting friendly day 3.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post

Batsmen fail and have poor series all the time. But if someone, as a top order batsman, is struggling to get to double figures over two consecutive test series which are months apart, it is a serious question mark on their work ethic.

 

Also, batsmen go out of form, and they struggle to convert their 20s and 30s, but whatever I’ve seen of Rahul, he has serious and fundamental issues of technique. Maybe, he’s going through a bad patch, but his back and across movement seems conspicuous by its absence. Plonking the front foot and driving doesn’t work in these conditions. 

 

Moreover, once you get out like that a few times, it makes you vulnerable to the leg before dismissal because you’re no longer confident of plonking your front foot, neither do you have the technique to judge the length and go back and across.

 

Pretty pathetic batting, so far. Sure, give him the series, because there aren’t really better options I am aware of, but time to tone down the expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Lannister said:

:giggle: Rahul can take his own sweet time. Afterall, this is only his first England tour. So many pretenders in this team had got more chances than that. 

Post that 100 in SCG these are his scores in SENA:

 

16

10

4

0

16

4

13

8

10

23

 

104 runs in 10 innings with HS 23. How much more time? I doubt a Pakistani batsman will survive with these stats. If you are a supporter of Rahul you should be extremely worried. Done zilch in SENA and last 100 in 2016.......makes for grim reading. I bet some of our bowlers have outbatted him in SENA this year, certainly Bhuvi and Ashwin. 

 

P.S I am a big supporter of Rahul and believe he will get into the groove at some point, but certainly can't run away from his consistent no shows. Have to be brutally honest even as a fan, all his contemporaries are stealing the march over him.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Pollack said:

This series should be his last chance.If he keeps failing let him toil harder to get into team some other day. He can be dropped for time being.

 

i think he might do well in austarlian conditions .. not good when the ball is swinging like rohit 

also bit casual in his approach  

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Post that 100 in SCG these are his scores in SENA:

 

16

10

4

0

16

4

13

8

10

23

 

104 runs in 10 innings with HS 23. How much more time? I doubt a Pakistani batsman will survive with these stats. If you are a supporter of Rahul you should be extremely worried. Done zilch in SENA and last 100 in 2016.......makes for grim reading. I bet some of our bowlers have outbatted him in SENA this year, certainly Bhuvi and Ashwin. 

 

P.S I am a big supporter of Rahul and believe he will get into the groove at some point, but certainly can't run away from his consistent no shows. Have to be brutally honest even as a fan, all his contemporaries are stealing the march over him.

Opening is always a tough job in places like England and South Africa. He has done well in this match contributing to two 50+ scores. And how did England openers fare in this test series? Test cricket is changing and it's time you come to terms and accept it that it's a bowlers game now. 

Edited by Lannister

Share this post


Link to post

I can understand him having a bad series but this is second series with six months in between and he has done nothing. Let us not wet pants for him giving a good start. 

 

Playing with Five batsmen gives no room for players who show no improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, putrevus said:

I can understand him having a bad series but this is second series with six months in between and he has done nothing. Let us not wet pants for him giving a good start. 

 

Playing with Five batsmen gives no room for players who show no improvement.

Do we have any Gavaskar in the sheds, any decent slip catcher in the bullpen?

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, velu said:

 

i think he might do well in austarlian conditions .. not good when the ball is swinging like rohit 

also bit casual in his approach  

He will be fine in swinging conditions too. Atleast no indication so far that he is as bad as Rohit when it swings. He needs a kick on his arse to take his game a bit more seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

His technical flaws have been exposed now,time to hit the nets

That's right. Keeps getting out to the inswinging delivery. Doesn't seem to flick or play the ondrives confidently. Has a much better off side game.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Opening is always a tough job in places like England and South Africa. He has done well in this match contributing to two 50+ scores. And how did England openers fare in this test series? Test cricket is changing and it's time you come to terms and accept it that it's a bowlers game now. 

140 runs in 11 innings with HS 36, still not good enough. SA and Eng are tough for Asian batsmen but don't warrant such disgraceful stats. Cook is an ATG on his last legs, nothing left to prove...when he was Rahul's age he was winning MOMs in India and Australia, not just England. Jennings is rubbish, I can't understand what ECB sees in him. I hold Rahul to higher standards but right now he is exhibiting a game that won't match up to lowly Pakistani standards...we have higher batting benchmarks. Today was a glorious chance to get a 100, shame he got out after a good start. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

140 runs in 11 innings with HS 36, still not good enough. SA and Eng are tough for Asian batsmen but don't warrant such disgraceful stats. Cook is an ATG on his last legs, nothing left to prove...when he was Rahul's age he was winning MOMs in India and Australia, not just England. Jennings is rubbish, I can't understand what ECB sees in him. I hold Rahul to higher standards but right now he is exhibiting a game that won't match up to lowly Pakistani standards...we have higher batting benchmarks. Today was a glorious chance to get a 100, shame he got out after a good start. 

So you want to drop him??

I think he has enough talent and skill to make it ,he needs to given a extended run.Today he missed out but he did extremely well to give us an explosive start and that flattened England, thats what he brings to the table.

If we keep dropping players left and right we ll never make great players 

Edited by RAZPOR

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I can understand him having a bad series but this is second series with six months in between and he has done nothing. Let us not wet pants for him giving a good start. 

 

Playing with Five batsmen gives no room for players who show no improvement.

So u see no improvement...he definitely improved from previous 2 matches. Feel sorry for u that Ur hatred has restricted from 2 to 1 player after pandya performance today.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RAZPOR said:

So you want to drop him??

I think he has enough talent and skill to make it ,he needs to given a extended run.We can talk about dropping him after that.

If we keep dropping players left and right we ll never make great players 

No, where did I say drop him? He needs some tough love, fame has gone way over his head and his attitude won't help him realize his potential. He was thriving under Kumble, now we know the type of character Shastri is. KLR needs to refocus, reset his priorities and aim to let his bat do the talking...not Page 3 events or planted stories about his dating life. All I see these days is an immensely talented yet lazy kid who refuses to work on his shortcomings, polar opposite of Kohli....as I said earlier he is the cricket version of Kyrgios. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Gollum said:

140 runs in 11 innings with HS 36, still not good enough. SA and Eng are tough for Asian batsmen but don't warrant such disgraceful stats. Cook is an ATG on his last legs, nothing left to prove...when he was Rahul's age he was winning MOMs in India and Australia, not just England. Jennings is rubbish, I can't understand what ECB sees in him. I hold Rahul to higher standards but right now he is exhibiting a game that won't match up to lowly Pakistani standards...we have higher batting benchmarks. Today was a glorious chance to get a 100, shame he got out after a good start. 

Cook has been struggling for quite sometime now and they have also been struggling to find the other opener. I have heard that it's been going on for atleast 5-6 years and they are yet to find one. That just goes to show how hard it is to open in England. You are just being unnecessarily dramatic. The game has moved on from the times where scores like 400 or 500 were pretty common. Nowadays even 250 is more than enough to win provided you have good bowlers who can exploit the bowling conditions. 

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I can understand him having a bad series but this is second series with six months in between and he has done nothing. Let us not wet pants for him giving a good start. 

 

Playing with Five batsmen gives no room for players who show no improvement.

Lets look at our team, apart from Kohli, no one has looked like scoring. Only Rahane showed something in the last inning for the first time.

 

We can not drop or replace all at once, so some players go out and some players are backed. So going by that, I am ready to let someone like Vijay or Dhawan go for players like Rahul who is younger

and more promising.

 

We made a good change by bringing in Pant for now. No need to panic after two defeats and change full of top order. Rahul should be backed for this whole series.

 

Changes are needed when you are losing but too many changes aren’t required all at once.

 

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Do we have any Gavaskar in the sheds, any decent slip catcher in the bullpen?

why not give yougster like Shaw a chance, people with this technical issues don't do well especially as opener.People were making him to better techical batsman than Kohli and coimng up with ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Edited by putrevus

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

why not give yougster like Shaw a chance, people with this technical issues don't do well especially as opener.People were making him to better techical batsman than Kohli and coimng up with ridiculous conspiracy theories.

I do not see any serious issue with Rahul. Even Shaw has his issues. There are very few perfect batsman and Rahul himself isn't too old.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

I can understand him having a bad series but this is second series with six months in between and he has done nothing. Let us not wet pants for him giving a good start. 

 

Playing with Five batsmen gives no room for players who show no improvement.

He actually batted well today. Was looking positive, needed to capitalise on great start.

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Lets look at our team, apart from Kohli, no one has looked like scoring. Only Rahane showed something in the last inning for the first time.

 

We can not drop or replace all at once, so some players go out and some players are backed. So going by that, I am ready to let someone like Vijay or Dhawan go for players like Rahul who is younger

and more promising.

 

We made a good change by bringing in Pant for now. No need to panic after two defeats and change full of top order. Rahul should be backed for this whole series.

 

Changes are needed when you are losing but too many changes aren’t required all at once.

 

Rahul will get his chances this series but these inept and spineless batting displays are ruining all the hardwork done by bowlers. This is the second series in a row other than Kohli noone of the batsmen have showed any fight. These gutless performances put so much pressure on bowlers.

 

Rahul  will be in the mix but I would give  Shaw a chance in place of Dhawan next test and if Rahul does not show rectify himself blood another youngster.

 

No more Dhawans, Vijays and other TTFs.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He actually batted well today. Was looking positive, needed to capitalise on great start.

170 runs lead will give that freedom. Not everyday he will have that lead.It is how he played after he got start is also a worry.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lannister said:

Cook has been struggling for quite sometime now and they have also been struggling to find the other opener. I have heard that it's been going on for atleast 5-6 years and they are yet to find one. That just goes to show how hard it is to open in England. You are just being unnecessarily dramatic. The game has moved on from the times where scores like 400 or 500 were pretty common. Nowadays even 250 is more than enough to win provided you have good bowlers who can exploit the bowling conditions. 

Cook scored debut 100 and scored all over the world . There is a reason why he is in the team even after lean seasons.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Not questioning his potential. But he has to sort out his problems against incoming deliveries. He looks like a prime candidate for leg before or bowled at this point when you get the ball in the right area. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, putrevus said:

Cook scored debut 100 and scored all over the world . There is a reason why he is in the team even after lean seasons.

 

 

There's a reason ever since SA tour, no team has crossed 400 once in matches involving India. The wickets were extremely bowling-friendly and Cook is equally failing in those. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Haven't seen much technical flaws, tbh.

Do you put forward contrarian point just for the sake of it? This is the 3rd time he got out to a in dipper.There is a definite pattern

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, SK_IH said:

Do you put forward contrarian point just for the sake of it? This is the 3rd time he got out to a in dipper.There is a definite pattern

He does have an issue with sharp indipping deliveries. Not dissimilar to Laxman in that respect. He can still have a quality career despite the technical flaw.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

He does have an issue with sharp indipping deliveries. Not dissimilar to Laxman in that respect. He can still have a quality career despite the technical flaw.

But it look quite amateurish the way he got picked up quite easily.Infact looked uncomfortable against everything coming in.He has to correct it

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×