Time is running out for KL Rahul

Gollum

49 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Chris Woakes of all people scored a century in these conditions.

If our batsmen tried to apply themselves they could have done a LOT.

For the love of God, learn to criticise them for once and not play devil's advocate all the time.

Chris woakes didn't exactly had to bat in these conditions. Are you blind?

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Keep coming up these excuses and this team will remain shyte.

It's fans like you who are blind in the Bhakti and refuse to accept flaws.

I'm sure you are looking forward to the next MI vs CSK game where your hero Pandya will shut critics up once and for all. 

I think the OP @Gollum is shooting the gun too early!

Yes, there are worrying signs but I will wait until I give a full series to KL Rahul before making a judgement. Remember, even if he takes the mantle of "worst series ever by a visiting batsman to England", I will not loose hope but will want him to make a case in Australia. But if he fails in Australia 4 test series too in a similar way, then there will be alarm bells on KL Rahul's international career and I will want him to go back to domestics/IndiaA in the longer format and hone his skills/temperament and make a comeback based on his performances. 

3 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Err Bhai I think the players you mentioned have already left him behind.

That's my Indian bias talking :p:. But in all honesty those players have some glaring weak points in their overall game. They are around Rahul's level right now but pretty sure they will work to eliminate their flaws. Rahul meanwhile....:sad_smile:

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

Bhai aise to excuses banate raho phir hamesha. Their batting lineup wasn't exactly earth shattering either with many passengers in the team and yet we couldn't do jack.

Fact of the matter is we failed to exploit the conditions ripe for fast bowling and allowed lower order batsmen to dominate and snatch the game away from us.

This team deserves every bit of criticism directed at it.

That's what I said. It's a test between the bowlers and one team has failed to make use of the conditions. Letting England to have a lead of 300 will make it even more difficult for batsmen. 

Just now, Lannister said:

That's what I said. It's a test between the bowlers and one team has failed to make use of the conditions. Letting England to have a lead of 300 will make it even more difficult for batsmen. 

Yaar you are unnecessarily blaming bowlers just to shield Rahul. Rahul has been an embarrassment in test cricket for quite a while now just like the entire batting order bar Kohli. You need to accept that Rahul has been disgraceful away from the comforts of home. 

31 minutes ago, InziRules said:

You don't develop talent by giving him two tests against England in swinging conditions, and then dropping them.

You give them time to improve, if you think they have the ability. I personally think he lacks the temperament to be a test batsman, and that's a big flaw that Shastri can't fix, but another coach might. 

thats how bewda and cheerleader rkohli  develop talent ,they have been dropping rahul for the last 2 years whenever they feel like it.

Edited by RAZPOR
8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Yaar you are unnecessarily blaming bowlers just to shield Rahul. Rahul has been an embarrassment in test cricket for quite a while now just like the entire batting order bar Kohli. You need to accept that Rahul has been disgraceful away from the comforts of home. 

The bowlers couldn't even get them all out in the first innings. How can you defend such pathetic performance on a wicket like this. 

14 minutes ago, Lannister said:

The bowlers couldn't even get them all out in the first innings. How can you defend such pathetic performance on a wicket like this. 

Repeating myself for the umpteenth time.

1. We had the wrong combination...blame Kohli for selection blunder...who picks spinners in these conditions?

2. We were without our 2 best bowlers because of team management's lunacy.
3. Yesterday was sunny and easier to bat, everyone agrees so. Had our batsmen showed more spine and batted 34 overs without getting bowled out they would have got good batting conditions yesterday, but no these FTBs can't even play a session without shitting their pants. Rewatch how Dravid-Bangar negotiated conditions 10x worse in 2002 Headingley...pity the current losers don't even have the guts of their batting coach. 

I agree with all impediments our bowling was pathetic but batting even more so and twice at that. Bowlers stepped up in Birmingham and SA...batsmen and catchers let them down there. Forget this match, Rahul failed in Edgbaston, Rahul failed in Jo'berg, Rahul failed in Centurion, Rahul's last 100 was in 2016, Rahul is in downwards spiral and seems lost. If you can't come to terms with these irrefutable facts no point arguing. As a Rahul fan you should be more concerned (just like me) about the current state of his game and descent into FTB territory....please stop talking about bowlers after all that has happened this year. 

Edited by Gollum

This guy   is pretty polarizing for fans

On his good days, some will say he should replace Rohit as ODI opener, he should replace Dhawan as ODI opener, other days he is the technically best batsman for India across formats.

When he does bad, he either needs more more experience, should be backed because he is so talented, or his time is running out now. 

Really, he is a player who doesn't have a consistent position in the batting order and hasn't had a consistent run. 

This is the problem with a horses for courses policy that some people on here were advocating for the batsmen. Batsmen need a defined role and a steady run to reveal their quality. The top 3 of India in Tests is a game of musical chairs between 4 players. All look mediocre now.   

Edited by Tibarn
7 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Dude you just typed out my words.
I think Pant and Shardul Thakur look handsome in the squad.
Pant has a cute, innocent look to him.
Will be a good plus sized model.

Woakes' smile just charmed me!!
Even Broad and Curran are good looking.
Anderson was also considered hot back in his younger days.

The rest of the Indian team is not good looking at all but still can improve their looks by 2 grades if they clean shave and wear more normal clothes and at last - don't behave like a wannabe

Ganguly was good looking too.
Yeah, Rahul Dravid is 45 but still hasn't aged much.
He's a true example of a good looking guy.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Rahul looks like a proper "uncle" now

dravid.jpg.image.784.410.jpg

1.  I would persist with KL Rahul for the next 10 tests atleast , and want him to be backed strongly.

2.  That being said, I am not sure that Rahul, and most other young batsmen all over the world, are that serious about test cricket nowadays. Most perform at home, because they are used to the conditions. But, they do not put in enough effort to adapt their game to foreign conditions.

When we consider under-30 batsmen these days, we have a few highly talented and motivated individuals doing well all over the world... like Kohli, Smith, Williamson and Root.  But they are few and far between. Most young batsmen try to model their games for T20s first and then the longer formats.  They know where their priorities lie. 

3.  Rahul is now averaging just 37.x after all of 26 tests.   Let us not say it was just the conditions in this match or this  series.  A talent like him should have averaged atleast 42 to 45 range at this stage of his career. Something is not right.

4.  Although not strictly pertinent to this topic, I really liked the intensity that Bumrah showed in his debut series in SA. He looked like the leader of the attack by the 3rd test.  

We often hear about Indian pacers unable to find the right length and even line on their first round of test tours out of Asia. Bumrah did it by his 2nd test.  When you see this, you know that this guy wants to succeed and is thinking about how to succeed.

I don't see this hunger for success yet in Rahul. Maybe he will mature later ... he is a big talent and I hope he does. I really want him to do well.

5.  I would not compare the performances of our batters with the English. They are playing in  "used to "  home conditions and grow up playing swing and seam movement.   Yet, they had to be rescued by bottom 5 batters twice in three innings.  If we had Bumrah and Bhuvi ... they would have fared even worse.

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1.  I would persist with KL Rahul for the next 10 tests. 

2.  That being said, I am not sure that Rahul, and most other young batsmen all over the world, are that serious about test cricket nowadays. Most perform at home, because they are used to the conditions. But, they do not put in enough effort to adapt their game to foreign conditions.

When we consider under-30 batsmen these days, we have a few highly talented and motivated individuals doing well all over the world... like Kohli, Smith, Williamson and Root.  But they are few and far between. Most young batsmen try to model their games for T20s first and then the longer formats.  They know where their priorities lie. 

3.  Rahul is now averaging just 37.x after all of 26 tests.   Let us not say it was just the conditions in this match or this  series.  A talent like him should have averaged atleast 42 to 45 range at this stage of his career. Something is not right.

4.  Although not strictly pertinent to this topic, I really liked the intensity that Bumrah showed in his debut series in SA. He looked like the leader of the attack by the 3rd test.  

We often hear about Indian pacers unable to find the right length and even line on their first round of test tours out of Asia. Bumrah did it by his 2nd test.  When you see this, you know that this guy wants to succeed and is thinking about how to succeed.

I don't see this hunger for success yet in Rahul. Maybe he will mature later ... he is a big talent and I hope he does. I really want him to do well.

5.  I would not compare the performance of our batters with the English. They are playing in  "used to "  home conditions and grow up playing swing and seam movement.   Yet, they had to be rescued by bottom 5 batters twice in three innings.  If we had Bumrah and Bhuvi ... they would have fared even worse.

Great post and analysis. I am very worried about Rahul losing his way despite the wonderful 100 in Sydney he scored.

Looks an attacking player, but needs to step it up in Test Cricket.

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Chris Woakes batting comfortably yesterday. A few minutes after India comes to bat and start dancing on the pitch. In second innings of India it wasn't unplayable. But yes very relentless bowling by England yet again. Gave absolutely no relief at any point.