Didn't think I would ever say this but......

zep1706

i don't know why people keep picking on him regarding his "fake" accent.  It's clear and can be easily understood.  Indians always bring up the 'fake' accent of other Indians as well for some reason.  You can adapt your accent i.e if you've grown up in India and then settle abroad, then slowly some sounds may adapt over time.  It's not a biggie...people usually just want to fit in.

i don't know why people keep picking on him regarding his "fake" accent.  It's clear and can be easily understood.  Indians always bring up the 'fake' accent of other Indians as well for some reason.  You can adapt your accent i.e if you've grown up in India and then settle abroad, then slowly some sounds may adapt over time.  It's not a biggie...people usually just want to fit in.

Agree.

He’s accent is fine. Better than listening to Manjrekar & Gavaskar.

Talking about accents, the fakest accent of all is Priyanka Chopra’s ‘American’ accent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Biggest reason is Virat kohli. Vk has a habit of making friends with the legends of the game. The only great of vk's era who had a run-in with him is Johnson. Vk is friends with Gayle, kp, starc, akhtar, sanga, mahela, steyn, abdv. He pays rich compliments whenever they perform well and they respond equally when he does well.

Sanga had an agenda against SRT and MSD who are very reserved and kept to themselves, neither slamming anyone nor excessively praising anyone.

Whereas kohli makes allies of the influential personalities and initiates friendship when he sees one.

While I am writing this, it has occured to me that he is neither cold nor hot towards the other 3 of the fab four - root, smith and Kane. He ignored Amla completely too :p

Edited by Temujin Khaghan
33 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

Agree.

He’s accent is fine. Better than listening to Manjrekar & Gavaskar.

Talking about accents, the fakest accent of all is Priyanka Chopra’s ‘American’ accent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's Mrs Jonas to you.  

46 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Sanga and Nasser for the analysis.  Bumbles for the entertainment.  

Holding, inspite of his little biases, just for "RONS".   I don't care about his anti-India attitude at times. I still love Mikey.

And...It's a Sachurday. 

2 hours ago, prasen82 said:

I actually like sanga's accent. Maybe his education was from a school where he picked it up. 

no i think its put on. Jayawardene once joked that when he talks to them in the dressing room its their usual Srilankan accent but moment he talks on air it becomes this.  May be its an attempted decision to sound neutral but he ends up faking it, accent neutralization is almost an art. He is brilliant though, so this is only a mild annoyance.