What’s wrong with Rahane?

zen

Why the hurry? :hmmm:

58.2 oh what doe we have here? A run-out in Test cricket. Pant has sacrificed himself for Rahane, who has pulled rank so to speak to over-rule Pant, whose call it is. Short of a length, outside off, played with an open face towards point, and this should be the non-striker's call. Rahane has charged off, but Pant doesn't want the one. Despite his no, Rahane keeps going, and then Pant has to sacrifice himself. However, it is not as straightforward a run-out. The keeper has not yet made it to the stumps so Patel at point has to make a decision whether to lob it to BJ Watling or go for the stumps. Patel gets in a soft throw in at the stumps. It is half and half, a slightly confused throw, but good enough to hit the only visibly stump direct. More than hit, he has just kissed the stump, just about flicking the bail off 132/6

What an idiot .... now out leaving the ball :facepalm:

Southee to Rahane, OUT, what an end to a strange morning for Rahane. He ran pant out not long ago, and is now caught at the wicket while leaving the ball

AM Rahane c †Watling b Southee 46 (138b 5x4 0x6) SR: 33.33

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Correct me if I am wrong here, if Pant continued running and made it to the bowlers end before Rahane turned back, it would be Rahane who would have been adjudged run out? Yes?

I noticed briefly that Pant had the chance to not be run out.

Yes that's why the commentary said he sacrificed his wicket 

3 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Rahane always had limited ceiling. A guy who scored once every tour has been treated at par with past Indian batting stalwarts. As some said, a player who scored 300 was sidelined for this phoney. 

Also he seemingly struggles in Indian conditions lol, that should be reason enough to move past him.

Rahane-bashing is quite prevalent, but he has been a decent performer, even at home if we discount that one series against SL where he cldn't buy a run. He has done better than folks like Ganguly and Vengsarkar - no mean feat. Yes, Karun Nair was hard done by (who hasn't by this TM?), but after being dropped he has totally stunk in all forms of cricket - FC, A tours; hasn't made any case whatsoever for a recall. Even guys like Iyer, KL got a raw deal, but kept fighting and clawed their way back; Gill's hanging in there too.

image.png.dc6679825a7b3327d9219ccad71e6cfe.png

5 hours ago, rahulrulezz said:

People like you make me so angry. Pant clearly sacrificed himself yet you have the nerves to blame Pant

Retard not blaming pant i am saying it's rahane's mistake but there was chance to reach for pant without stopping in between wickets. In end all blame goes to rahane. Even commentators said same that time.

Edited by Nikola
8 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Rahane always had limited ceiling. A guy who scored once every tour has been treated at par with past Indian batting stalwarts. As some said, a player who scored 300 was sidelined for this phoney. 

Also he seemingly struggles in Indian conditions lol, that should be reason enough to move past him.

Rahane started off better than most of our ATG batsmen of the past . Can’t think of any batsmen who was averaging 50+  after their first ever series in SENA . 

Where did it all go wrong ? This guy was averaging close to 70 in domestic at one point, I just can’t believe he was that poor on indian pitches .