Just a bad day guys

Cricketics

Boy when we have a bad day, we go right at it don't we.  

More than anything, its the dropped catches that are extremely disappointing - and potentially game losing.  Catches win matches - Steve smith's brilliant catch off Rahane set the collapse in motion - while the repeated lives to Smith in the 2nd innings look like they've sealed the deal.  

Still, few teams, if any, have the batting ability to come back and win this game, however slight the possibility.  And Team India is one of those few.  Not saying it will happen - 99% this game is done.  But that 1% is there, and that's why I'll be staying up tonight.

And regardless of the result of this test, I still believe our team can pull out the series win.  

Definitely a very disappointing day for the team - they've let themselves down with the bat, as well as in the field.  Let's hope they learn from it, and fight hard tonight.

8 minutes ago, laaloo said:

A really bad day at that. We were due for a bad day. Need to brush is behind us and come back firing tomorrow. Hopefully we can make the target less than 400 and give it our best shot.

In a way its an excellent test of our team.  Great teams are defined by how they face and come back from adversity.  Not just by how many wins they rack by blowing away teams in one-sided wins.  I would love to see a stirring fightback from this point, to dismiss Oz under 180, and then a proper go at the chase.  If we get these 2 things, I will not be as upset about losing the test.  

Yes it feels really bad because we haven't lost at home in years. Losing happens. If we lose its just one loss. And Kohli has shown that he can come back real strong after a loss. For example, Sri Lanka 2015.

On the bright side, today's collapse has given some joy including some indian fans as well. Some worms are also coming out of their holes. So it's a good day for them after a long time. 

Yeah it may have just been an off day for India, but I still think Australia have played very well, we have bowled extremely well, and our catching/fielding has been at 100%, regardless if this was a bad day or not from India, what it does do is feed the Australian team confidence, especially the newbies like O'Keefe and Renshaw, they believe in themselves now.

Not saying we will win or draw the series, but India are going to have to work for this, Australia are determined and are going to fight all the way! :cheer:

3 hours ago, philcric said:

Yeah, a really bad day at the office. And a field day for 'some' idiots on this forum.

I support our team but I think the game has definitely gotten away. 300 lead and still 6 wickets left for Aus.

Also a reality check for people like @maniac who think matches are won/lost only because of the pitch. And that India is somehow unbeatable on a spinning pitch, and the opposition is there just to show up and lose.

I wouldn't go that far....it is more like a shock and setback....cmon I am not really in the minority here am I?  when we expected to roll over Aussies for sub 150 scores on this pitch and win by an innings?

Yes as the OP rightly suggests and yourself have agreed,just one of those off-days..no biggie.....but trust me if we lose this test which at this point looks pretty certain,then the last thing you want is to even the plainfield by giving absolute pattas or green tracks.