Would India have won more overseas tests had Kumble been coach instead of Shastri?

SecondSlip

At times, we give too much importance to factors such as coach, selection of 1 guy in the playing 11 when we have 10 others too, toss, etc. .... At the end of the day, we have 4-6 players who if they perform can make Ind competitive taking the factors discussed out of equation to a certain extent  

Not with this captain at the helm, people tend to underestimate the effect of captaincy in cricket! WI wouldn't have created a dynasty without Clive at the top, front & center. You could say the same about Border & the 4 captains that followed, albeit with varying degrees of success.

Kohli will not turn this side into world beaters, he's not too bright anyway, but he can certainly ruin our chances to dominate world cricket in any or every format in the decades to come with his idiotic selections, stupid tactics & the ability to single-handedly destroy careers - unmatched by any single predecessor IMO. I'd be surprised if he wins any major silverware in his lifetime as a captain, notwithstanding the series result against a depleted Aus side.

Edited by R!TTER

Shastri being the yes man is the problem. This is totally Kohli show. If Kohli is getting praise for the way he attacks with pace and the intensity he brings on and rightfully so, he should take blame for the losses too. 

Kumble is not a yes man and based on the above  we know Kohli’s leadership style. There would be too many clashes with similar personalities  and it would have been a bigger disaster. 

The reason why Rahane and Rohit’s captaincy has been appreciated is because they are not some master tacticians or strategists. They are just approachable blokes who do the basic things right. Under such Captains a coach’s performance can be judged.

Edited by maniac
4 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

no because Karun Nair and Manish Pandey would be in our batting lineup 

And what has Karun Nair done to be dumped after 3 odd tests after scoring a triple hundred?

I am not a fan of Karun Nair either and even pointed out that his 300 was ... how would I put it “bland” despite the numbers. You don’t dump a guy after he scored a 300 against a top tier team period.

Kumble has his flaws but one must be delusional if they think Shastri has better coaching credentials or discipline or acumen than Kumble 

Edited by maniac
Do you think we seriously could have won the test series in both South Africa and England earlier this year had Kumble remained coach? 

I think people are seriously overrating Kumble
Remove Kohli's captaincy and bring back Kumble. Kohli tab gaa*d mooch ke rahega.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk