Sunil Gavaskar Hits Out at Selectors for Dropping Ajinkya Rahane From T20 Squad !!!

velu

34 minutes ago, sandeep said:

While "scoring a century" is not a fair metric to judge an ODI player, especially when Rahane was dumped into the middle order - a role he's as much of a misfit for, as was Dravid.  

And your claim that Dravid had to "give up his opener's position" is as ridiculous as Gavaskar asking for Rahane in the T20 team.

He is talking about KL Rahul, not Rahul Dravid.

Edited by rkt.india
15 minutes ago, sandeep said:

While "scoring a century" is not a fair metric to judge an ODI player, especially when Rahane was dumped into the middle order - a role he's as much of a misfit for, as was Dravid.  

And your claim that Dravid had to "give up his opener's position" is as ridiculous as Gavaskar asking for Rahane in the T20 team.

I agree on how Rahane was never given a good run in ODIs , but its also unfair on KL being asked to play in the middle order . 

Rahane and Rohit who play down the order in longer formats get to open in ODIs , while KL  who does the tough job of test opening is expected to play down the order in ODIs ? 

13 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I agree on how Rahane was never given a good run in ODIs , but its also unfair on KL being asked to play in the middle order . 

Rahane and Rohit who play down the order in longer formats get to open in ODIs , while KL  who does the tough job of test opening is expected to play down the order in ODIs ? 

Rahane has already played 80 plus ODIs.

4 hours ago, putrevus said:

Rahane cost India a chance to win two t20 world cups and this clown Sunny wants him in t20 team. No wonder guys like Pant never get a chance.

come on dude, 2012 was pure Yuvi. 

and lets be honest in 2016 as well. The side batting second at Wankhede had  a 90% win ratio in T20s. Rahane or not India would have lost that one against of the atg sides in the format to went on to win. We lost at the toss itself.

While I fully accept Rahane is not T20 material, this scapegoating is plain wrong.

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

come on dude, 2012 was pure Yuvi. 

and lets be honest in 2016 as well. The side batting second at Wankhede had  a 90% win ratio in T20s. Rahane or not India would have lost that one against of the atg sides in the format to went on to win. We lost at the toss itself.

While I fully accept Rahane is not T20 material, this scapegoating is plain wrong.

they haven't won that game with two overs to spare. They hit the winning run on the 4th ball of virats bowling. imagine 20+ to our eventual score . Also games on flat tracks are played with a mindset that you should get to a score higher than the par score. Forget that match, we are still a defensive team when it comes to flat pitches. We need a McCullum kind of a guy.

11 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

they haven't won that game with two overs to spare. They hit the winning run on the 4th ball of virats bowling. imagine 20+ to our eventual score . Also games on flat tracks are played with a mindset that you should get to a score higher than the par score. Forget that match, we are still a defensive team when it comes to flat pitches. We need a McCullum kind of a guy.

things dont work like that

they would have accelerated much earlier. Its not a linear scale.

6 hours ago, jusarrived said:

FYI - I'm against Rahane being played ahead of Rahul as the 3rd opener.   Unambiguously.