Preparing a “specific pitch” to prepare for overseas series is a stupid idea!!!

maniac

I don't think it is such a bad idea to make preparations for an away tour with sporting pitches, though I firmly believe that we wont get a green top in south Africa, the pitches would be hard and bouncy ones moreover, but this is a good initiative by the board, brings an element of entertainment and makes a test match a real test in testing conditions, but I will tell you what is a stupid idea, its the idea of playing Srilanka.

I do not agree with the OP. I think its a good wake up call and the team needs to be on their toe. I don't think its a good idea to have false bravado and fall flat when the moment comes.

Better to be prepared. Whether the pitch was intentional, I am not sure. 

I think the other 2 pitches need to be bouncy and fast too. Our quick bowlers need to find their lengths too, to suit South Africa.

7 hours ago, express bowling said:
  1.   The extreme seamer-friendly conditions we are seeing are partially due to the non-seasonal and unexpected rains.  It is aiding swing bowling in addition to the seam movement we have seen at Eden in the last 2 years. This start-stop-start play due to rain also made it challenging. It was not just the pitch.
  2.  This team has established itself as the undisputed No.1 test side while playing in Asia or the WI. We have defeated all the test team we play against in the last 30 months .... We have nothing left to prove in this series .... our total focus now should be to prepare for the SA and England tours , which will define us as a top test team in history

Prepare reasonably seaming tracks for all 3 tests and get us ready for the away tours. We defeated NZ at Kolkata 2016 and Australia at Dharamsala 2017 , on green seaming pitches .... we need not be afraid but should look forward to the practice it offers.

And regardless of losing the toss, the weather, the juicy conditions, and the poor shot selections by some of the top order - I believe this Indian team should still beat the Lankans.  If we get 3 full days of play from here.   

I love this track, and the cricket we've seen so far.  Every ball matters.  Makes for some very interesting viewing.  

As a bonus, some very obvious but ignored home truths about test cricket are getting reinforced - Look how SL is struggling because they don't have pacer quality beyond their new ball bowlers.   Look how the likes of Dhawan got exposed for their poor batting "method" on such a bowler friendly pitch.  And I'm glad Jinxy and Cheeku got a bit of a wake-up call to tighten things up with their shot selection.   

The pitch is fine . 

The stupidest thing is playing with 5 batsmen on such a pitch and one of them is Dhawan and the 6th batsmen if he ever makes it is going to be Rohit sharma lol .

Our best opportunity to get a series win in SA who are at their weakest and our bowling at its best , but this batting linup gives me no confidence . We will need all 4 , Pujara , KL , Virat and Rahane in form , what are the chances of that happening on a overseas tour . 

1 hour ago, Prince_ said:

Yup, very bad decision from the management. Indian batters have yet again got badly exposed and got humiliated in front of the whole world. 

Iden should've been a highway just like every other Indian grounds, so that kohli can score another useless ton against Lankan trundlers. But sadly this pathetic pitch made him look like a schoolboy in front of the mighty lakmal. That pitch curator should get fired :cry1:

Yeah, Eden pitch should have been a highway.   Just like the highway pitches you got in your recent tour of SAF where you lost all your matches by either 300 runs or innings defeat. :phehe:

Total wrong notion from OP, this is better way to prepare for SA series, especially for seamers they have to understand and develop this ability to take wickets.

What is point in another whitewash at home and getting exposed in SA, this way at least they are not over confident in their own abilities.