Mohammad Kaif retires from all forms of cricket

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

his 87 in natwast final

then immdiately next game 111 vs zimb

His catch in karachi in 1st odi vs pak

then his knock with dravid in 4th odi vs pak in 2005 

Bandaa kya fielder tha

You probably meant 4th ODI vs Pak in 2004 which is this. That innings of 71* and the 87 in Natwest final ( which happened just before I was joining my undergrad program) define his career and make him so memorable. 

He was a good hitter too in his initial days and suddenly seems to have lost any ability to hit sixes from somewhere in 2006. It is unfortunate he faded away similar to Irfan Pathan. 

7 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

Still believe that Kaif and Yuvraj's innings in NatWest Final was the beginning of India Turning into Chasing Giants, it all began with you Kaify, Thanks for all the entertainment and joyous moments in Indian Cricket !

Before them there was Robin Singh who pulled off quite a few chases and finally stopped the trend of India failing miserably in close chases. But the NatWest final was a turning point for sure, ushering in a bold and youthful new era. 

5 hours ago, sarcastic said:

You probably meant 4th ODI vs Pak in 2004 which is this. That innings of 71* and the 87 in Natwest final ( which happened just before I was joining my undergrad program) define his career and make him so memorable. 

He was a good hitter too in his initial days and suddenly seems to have lost any ability to hit sixes from somewhere in 2006. It is unfortunate he faded away similar to Irfan Pathan. 

yea sorry it was 2004 

he is the captain of the Indian side with Yuvraj which won the U19WC...

sadly, he couldn't take his hitting game to the next level.

also, for some reason Shane Warne hated him after the first IPL season with RR... apparently when Kaif asked why he was dropped from the squad leaving to South Africa for the first half of the 2008IPL, Warne told him "dont see any reason why you should" and ended the conversation.