Alastair Cook to retire from international cricket after test series against India

11 hours ago, WC2011INDIA said:

So I guess, we are going to lose the next test as well because we Indians have the habit of gifting...what better than a test ton and ending on a winning note. 

4-1 it is.

Hallelujah. 

Seriously man. Why so much negativity. Wow this is shitty.

Solid career for the lad ,he was one of the few English players who was mentally strong. I feared those long innings from cook in India,still haunts me .

But the sad part is in the last few years his batting took a massive dip and that average went downhill from 48 to 44 odd now but still his away average is magnificent .his only blemish might be his ability to bat against genuine classy pacers,he always struggled especially against left arm seamers 

A great opener and a legendary English player 

On 9/3/2018 at 1:45 PM, sarcastic said:

Keep it up Cook for an outstanding career!!!:hatsoff: You even threatened the great SRT's records once creating furores in some Sachin Bhakts. 

Have a good career/retirement life outside cricket! 

He might as well have broken Sachin's test records, if he hero worship in England had been as bad as in India - who knows what he might have achieved if he had been allowed to be a passenger with occasional contributions till the ripe old age of 40. I suspect he would have found good patches of form in easier conditions yet, but I doubt he is the type who would hang on for Sachin/Kapil Dev-type embarrassingly long times in the team as a deadweight carried by his teammates.

Edited by abc
On 9/3/2018 at 12:21 PM, LordPrabhzy said:

Wonderful Wonderful player. The writing was on the wall when he smashed a ton on debut against India in 2006, I knew he was going to become an ATG for England.

Dont think any England player will ever come close to his stats. Not even Root probably.

I hope he hits a farewell century at the Oval. will be a great send off for a legend. Best of luck Cooky! :cheer:

Well well well