If Kohli really believes in Rohit, then he should play him in 2nd test

Otherwise it would look really stupid and question should be asked what did he see in him last few months for his comeback.

He played 2 tests in SA and dropped for 3rd for Rahane. Maybe Kohli thought he won't be good for swinging/seaming conditions, so he didn't play him in England either. 

Now there hasn't been any improvement in Rohit's game. He hasn't played any game of longer format to prove that either. 

Only thing I can think of is that Kohli felt that Rohit might be good for Australian conditions and used horses for courses policy to select him for first test.

If he really has that much faith in him for Australia, then show that confidence and back him for another test. If he doesn't then he should stop making team selections and give this task to someone else. 

Rohit has never been given a run of 5 6 tests before getting dropped.

And this is one the reasons our so called experts start calling for his inclusion when our batting fails.

I hope this time he is given 4 5 tests. If he is serious and wants to cement his place he will else likes of Sehwag Ganguly will be shut up for good.

Give him 1 or 2 more chance if he fails to get 100 drop permanently. He should have never been in squad but if he is in and played first match then no use of dropping for 2nd test. If we win this test match then there is no need to change the xi. Though he had best chance to get 100 in first innings when he threw away his wicket. In 2nd innings no one really expected much from him anyway.

Edited by Nikola
2 minutes ago, Number said:

And this is one the reasons our so called experts start calling for his inclusion when our batting fails.

I hope this time he is given 4 5 tests. If he is serious and wants to cement his place he will else likes of Sehwag Ganguly will be shut up for good.

Iol. We might as well ask shami to bat twice than rohit sharma. Struggles against swing and spin. He is zero condition batsman. The only innings he can make an impact is probably first innings on non spinning and flat wickets until playing reckless shots.

38 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Otherwise it would look really stupid and question should be asked what did he see in him last few months for his comeback.

He played 2 tests in SA and dropped for 3rd for Rahane. Maybe Kohli thought he won't be good for swinging/seaming conditions, so he didn't play him in England either. 

Now there hasn't been any improvement in Rohit's game. He hasn't played any game of longer format to prove that either. 

Only thing I can think of is that Kohli felt that Rohit might be good for Australian conditions and used horses for courses policy to select him for first test.

If he really has that much faith in him for Australia, then show that confidence and back him for another test. If he doesn't then he should stop making team selections and give this task to someone else. 

Rohit wasn't picked for squad for England so there was no question of not playing. He would have played had selectors picked him.

27 minutes ago, Number said:

he has gotten 2 tests in a row a couple of times overseas and looked totally unconvincing. 4 innings in a row without even a 50 is indicative of his true abilities in tests.

I doubt Rohit can ever succeed in tests. He is an opener in LOIs and bats at 6 in tests, where even accomplished players find it tricky. And with his technique he can't bat as an opener either. He had a very good opportunity to rebuild his test reputation and he has blown it again. I would presist with him in the second test though. Rohit should seriously seek tips from Shaw on how to bat positively.

16 minutes ago, Lannister said:

@Austin 3:!6 still think Sharma is a far better bat than Rahul? He is already 30+ years of age and still trying to find his feet in Test cricket. He is a joke and even below the likes of Afridi. 

lol i know sharma is useless but you are making rahul look like great player. He is playing like hack these days and this won't be useful for long term. Let's see how long he goes with method.

Most likely India winning means squad is unchanged. I would have preferred a Vihari/Jadeja/Bhuvi/Umesh instead as well depending on conditions & form/fitness. In hindsight, Jadeja would have been an awesome pick on this wicket.

Edited by Clarke