Get Dhonified !!!

Risking life for the country???

Wtf!!

He is an overpaid celebrity sportsperson.

Just wearing a uniform once in a while for publicity is not called risking life.

There was a time when he said...after cricket I would like to work in the army.

Why doesn't he do that instead of hanging on?

He has milked that uniform enough for his ' armyman ' image . 

Dhoni fanboys and fangirls are some of the most idiotic people.

9 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Dhoni is a bit rusty after a long break. Watchout for the remainder of this series. He will show more intent if he's played at 4 like Rohit suggested. He will manhandle the piechucker Lyon into the stands more often than you think. You guys will change your stance to pro-Dhoni in a heartbeat. Believe in MSD :dance:

hopefully his rustiness will wear off before the IPL :phehe:  

I saw his batting. His reflexes have considerably reduced. Same problem as sehwag when he neared his last odis. Sachin and dravid had the class so could make adjustments, but dhoni relies on hand eye coordination and for that you need supple reflexes which degrades as time progresses .

It's so apparent now.  He can hit the one odd six here and there , but if you have a fiery fast bowler who can bowl at an angle upwards of 135 and striaght to stumps dhoni will have lbw probability of at least 50%. Every professional team would have found this out by now and will plan to keep him on strike without taking his wicket. 

If I am the opposition I would love to have dhoni on strike .

Edited by prasen82

I don’t know if I am the only one who has this opinion but I have noticed Dhoni’s wicketkeeping declining since the Asia cup. 

He fumbles a lot more with the ball now and gives more “byes” than he used to in the past. His keeping looked very sloppy in the first ODI against Australia. I remember him dropping Shoaib Malik off Pandya’s bowling in our match against Pakistan and missing an easy run out of Soumya Sarkar in the final. 

His judgement on DRS is going downhill as well. He has missed quite a few opportunities when he had the chance. I believe this is a big red flag telling us that Dhoni’s reflexes and sharpness are declining big time. The more Dhoni plays international cricket, the more deficiencies will pop up.

I’m not getting positive vibes with him in our Starting XI for the World Cup. 

8 hours ago, beetle said:

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/india-in-australia/india-vs-australia-what-ails-mahendra-singh-dhoni/articleshow/67508502.cms

Finally people asking the right questions.

I have also seen a change in the comments sections everywhere too.

People have started accepting that he is done and the abusive rabid fans are being told to shut up by  others.

it's changing, but slowly.

You don't need to be genius to figure this out..like I said before, he still had few years of Test cricket (after retiring in 2014-15) left but an absolute misfit for T20 or ODI (ODI till 2016). I would even go with Karthik as keeper if no Pant and allow a decent batsman in his place like Mayank.

The duo of VK and Shastri feels that he contributes to the think tank on field and experience he brings...which on paper may look good but when you are 3 down for nothing or need 100 runs in 60 or even 80 balls he is not the guy. His game has actually not changed much since 2008 (post his swashbuckling start 2004-2007) but he just doesn't have strokes to score singles at start of innings or hit big ones later or even convert back of length balls to 4 or 6. 

8 hours ago, beetle said:

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/india-in-australia/india-vs-australia-what-ails-mahendra-singh-dhoni/articleshow/67508502.cms

Finally people asking the right questions.

I have also seen a change in the comments sections everywhere too.

People have started accepting that he is done and the abusive rabid fans are being told to shut up by  others.

@velu though...  :facepalm: