Really humbling day for Pant

SK_IH

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Pant getting a lot of flak on social media, feel sorry for the kid. Indian public, especially Dhoni fanboys are such high level psychopathic bastards...ki kya bolun :facepalm:

this was always going to happen.....when u replace a big name who hasnt retired the pressure becomes insane on a youngster 

I will become open here - Pant seems to be concentrated on the celebrity part right now and his PR did a number by publishing all those Dhoni ka replacement articles and bad enough - they actually managed to convince him that he's some God

All the adulation and praise he received +excessive importance and fame and overhyping went into his head.

He's too concerned with the fame aspect of the game right now.

He's too image conscious and all those chirping is part of his image and not really work.

His image is his burden

Also the crowd should be slapped from screaming Dhoni Dhoni.

But It was all marketing ka fault.

They should stop their attempts to social engineer Pant as Dhoni's replacement.

Dhoni does have some rude and fanatic supporters but this is all those cheesy Pant vs Dhoni IPL ad ka side effects.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Pant getting a lot of flak on social media, feel sorry for the kid. Indian public, especially Dhoni fanboys are such high level psychopathic bastards...ki kya bolun :facepalm:

Not only Indian public, its same everywhere ....it happened to even gilchrist

From 3.47

When he shifted from NSW to Perth, he replaced their local hero and got booed when he came in to bat and he started performing everyone forgot. 

Pant is a kind of talent which will make these same stupid ppl chant his name soon.

Public CH****  hai , same ppl chanting dhoni dhoni broke his home after 2007 Wc debacle

This is typical of the world we live in. You see many cricketers use twitter to call some service or product as ridiclous or rubbish etc by tweeting to lakhs of their followers mentioning the company / product name. Just because they pay for product / service they feel are entitled to criticize the service / product as crap. This mentality is setting into minds of cricket fans as well who pay to watch the match. If they do not like somethign, they criticize by booing.

Pant needs to improve his keeping. At young age his reflexes are more supportive. Also, his hand eye coordination is expected to be better in this age than it would be in his 30's. This is the time he should make most use of his young age.

36 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Isn't that the case with them all the time?. They want new comers to fail every single time so that they can fill those spots with CSK *errrss. Be it wk, or bowler or batsmen. You can see their excitement in this very own forum when new comers fail. They are the true *ing anti-nationals in the country. 

Right from 2008 India has lost out so many titles (5 t20I wcs, 3 or which we didn't even qualify), so many overseas test matches and got our asses handed over to us mainly because of conflict of interests between dhoni and picking his csk pals into the team. 

Even Dhoni's captaincy can be divided into pre and post 2011 WC. After 2011 WC we just simply went down the drain because of this. 

1 hour ago, Stan AF said:

Isn't that the case with them all the time?. They want new comers to fail every single time so that they can fill those spots with CSK *errrss. Be it wk, or bowler or batsmen. You can see their excitement in this very own forum when new comers fail. They are the true *ing anti-nationals in the country. 

CSK fanboys are pretty pathetic in this area, but so are supporters of MI, maybe a few more franchises. I don't follow IPL keenly, so may be wrong. What you said is one of the reasons why I detest IPL so much, conflict of interest is more common. 

I wouldn't label sports fans as anti-nationals...sports/fandom/IPL etc are too trivial to warrant such a tag. 

Right from 2008 India has lost out so many titles (5 t20I wcs, 3 or which we didn't even qualify), so many overseas test matches and got our asses handed over to us mainly because of conflict of interests between dhoni and picking his csk pals into the team. 

Some CSK selections were pathetic. But some were good moves....in Ash-Jaddu we got the greatest test spin duo of modern times, besides both had a few good ICC ODI performances, Vijay was an effective opener for a good 3-4 years. Dhoni, Raina too were good in ODIs, latter even in T20s. Of late Jadhav has been good. Of course there are bad apples but isn't that always the case? I remember we had plenty of bad selections from Mumbai, Karnataka etc in the 90s and even this millennium. During Dada's time quite a few useless picks from East Zone....

Even Dhoni's captaincy can be divided into pre and post 2011 WC. After 2011 WC we just simply went down the drain because of this. 

Dhoni was never a good test captain, and all captains have a shelf life. I think he got exposed when all our fab 4 era superstars declined/retired so close to each other. But no doubt he should have lost test captaincy post 0-8, that he continued till 2014-15 was a disgrace. In fact he should have been sacked from the test team much earlier and Saha should have been a regular 2 years earlier. That Dhoni is a shameless leech who refuses to let go off his spot, that sponsors/agents play a role in keeping him in the mix of things...I am sure most ICFers will agree upon that. 

Edited by Gollum
2 hours ago, Gollum said:

I understood the post and I say you are jumping the gun with your assessment of Pant. 

21 year old, 4 ODI matches, 1 DNB, 3 innings out of which 2 came at the fag end when he had to throw his bat around. You sure you aren't being harsh on the kid? Not to forget his direct competitor is someone with huge reputation and fanbase, a superstar of Indian cricket thereby more pressure. 

How can you say he isn't hungry enough? How can one be hungry enough for 1 format and lax in another? Same Pant has 2 test 100s in SENA, more than most keepers in the history of the sport and that too in his 1st season in international cricket. You can say he hasn't yet developed the formula for white ball cricket, that he hasn't adjusted to the tempo/pace of LOIs...but hunger, seriously?

Regarding your comment about Vijay Shankar, why can't we just appreciate him rather than using him to show Pant in poor light? Some adjust sooner, some take time to mature. Too early to make a call. Besides Shankar is 28 years old, has more List A experience and looks like someone who is a mature head. 

I think my post which you quoted was illustrative of the fact that all Indian star batsmen took time to mature from 'talent' to 'mainstay'. Your posts in this thread are too impulsive, maybe they would have had more weight if Pant was still struggling after a run of 40 continuous ODIs, not 4 !!!!

May be this is an impulsive reaction abut a guy who I want to see perform  and make his presence felt at the world stage. Also I over estimated the guy's abilities at the first instance. 

Pant needs to work on his keeping. He tries to copy Dhoni a lot. WHat works for Dhoni may not work for Pant. He needs to work on his own way of doing things. He also dropped a lot of catches in the Aus series. Hes still raw. His batting needs more sensible strokes. If the ball is not there to be hit, he needs to bunt it down and take a single. He tries to play a million shots and ends up getting caught in the deep. From what I saw, these kind of performances will not find friends in the TM.

18 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

My problem is he is focusing too much on chirping even before collecting. Until he confirms the ball is dead he should focus on it. He is not as fidgety as Karthik. Still he has a lot of room for improvement in keeping.

I made similar observation about his keeping skils. Specially his foot movement. His foot/body mooves as soon as ball has left the hand of bowler during India England test series. As a result, He has to try harder to overcompensate when ball ricochets something (bat glove pad or too much swing) on it way before reaching to him.

Laloo bhai trollvoted me for that comment :whack3: So i stopped saying it.

How quickly the supporters forgot Dhoni's atrocious keeping when he had those long hair. Poor collection, missed catches and stumpings, used to be norm. IIRC he averaged most missed chances per match for a keeper. It was only around 2008 when his keeping got better, that is 3-4 years after he started playing international cricket.

Yes Pant made mistakes but the TV coverage, commentators and crowds made him the villain. A young player does not deserve it at all but Dhoni PR is hell bent on destroying any potential competition.

How I wish Grandpa Dhoni retires from international cricket soon so that our ODI side can take the same strides as it has done in Tests.

There was nothing wrong with his batting. 36(24) coming in the 40th over  was a very good effort.

3 hours ago, mishra said:

I made similar observation about his keeping skils. Specially his foot movement. His foot/body mooves as soon as ball has left the hand of bowler during India England test series. As a result, He has to try harder to overcompensate when ball ricochets something (bat glove pad or too much swing) on it way before reaching to him.

Laloo bhai troll votes even his own comment :giggle:

5 hours ago, SK_IH said:

May be this is an impulsive reaction abut a guy who I want to see perform  and make his presence felt at the world stage. Also I over estimated the guy's abilities at the first instance

Give him 10 ODIs/T20s as a keeper-batsman without Dhoni at his back. Will prosper like he did in tests and do things Dhoni never did in LOIs.

His 36(24) y’day after coming in the 40th over was a very good knock. Got out trying to hit in 46th over, nothing wrong with that.

Nust for comparison, in his entire career, Dhoni has had a grand total of 8 knocks at a better strike rate than Pant’s SR of 150 yesterday.

11 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Give him 10 ODIs/T20s as a keeper-batsman without Dhoni at his back. Will prosper like he did in tests and do things Dhoni never did in LOIs.

His 36(24) y’day after coming in the 40th over was a very good knock. Got out trying to hit in 46th over, nothing wrong with that.

Nust for comparison, in his entire career, Dhoni has had a grand total of 8 knocks at a better strike rate than Pant’s SR of 150 yesterday.

Oh c'mon this is not about Dhoni at all.He sucks ,he is past it and Ind can go forward without him.

The limited point I am making is I expected Pant to be someone with ability to score 70-80 of 40 balls but he has not reached that level yet and resorts to slogging when he has to up the ante and has limited stroke range as of now

5 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Oh c'mon this is not about Dhoni at all.He sucks ,he is past it and Ind can go forward without him.

The limited point I am making is I expected Pant to be someone with ability to score 70-80 of 40 balls but he has not reached that level yet and resorts to slogging when he has to up the ante and has limited stroke range as of now

He is in his 8th month as a proper international cricketer, has already shown enough that he belongs to this level. Is not too far away from making the LOIs spot his own like he did in Tests.

Why Dhoni is moot to the debate is because till the time he is around, he will not allow any single keeper-batsman  or finisher to get established.

4 hours ago, mishra said:

Laloo bhai will troll vote anything that puts Pant remotely in bad light.. including this post of mine.. at times I feel he is a bot like Rasagulla. His fandom for Pant isn't any better than velu's fandom of Dhoni.. 

some one critiquing Pant doesn't necessarily mean they are his detractors or Dhoni fans... every player needs to be appreciated for the good aspects they bring into the game and critiqued for the not so good aspects..  That said criticizing Pant for yesterday's game is nonsense. We lost the game due to Rahul/Jadhav eating up a few deliveries, dew/average bowling and some brilliant batting by Ashton. 

Edited by bowl_out
5 hours ago, mishra said:

Wear his trollvote like a badge of honour. I am a simple man, so when he trollvotes me I know I am on the right track :p:

Here's what will happen. I am getting another trollvote from him for this post, and I'll trollvote a random post of his as retaliation...eye for an eye :fight:

Edited by Gollum
38 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Laloo bhai will troll vote anything that puts Pant remotely in bad light.. including this post of mine.. at times I feel he is a bot like Rasagulla. His fandom for Pant isn't any better than velu's fandom of Dhoni.. 

some one critiquing Pant doesn't necessarily mean they are his detractors or Dhoni fans... every player needs to be appreciated for the good aspects they bring into the game and critiqued for the not so good aspects..  That said criticizing Pant for yesterday's game is nonsense. We lost the game due to Rahul/Jadhav eating up a few deliveries, dew/average bowling and some brilliant batting by Ashton. 

Yes. His main concern is Thala. He cant risk any opinion whch can be used as justification of MSD's selection by @Rasgulla