Shreyas Iyer's whining continues.

4 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

This guy will fail everytime he faces good bowling. I can bet on it. He's just going to be in and out of the side for 2 years and then thrown away. Nothing more, nothing less. Just going to block Gill for the next world cup. Rat fcker will see to it.

Adding more to it,i feel this lot of youngsters is pretty unlucky to play the game in  Virushka era,they won't let youngsters get in for a considerable period of time, where they could have learnt the crafts of the game,this crucial time will eventually pass by the time they get a look in

Edited by Suhaan
5 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

This guy will fail everytime he faces good bowling. I can bet on it. He's just going to be in and out of the side for 2 years and then thrown away. Nothing more, nothing less. Just going to block Gill for the next world cup. Rat fcker will see to it.

I agree with you.In 3rd match against WI-A he scored around 10 runs after playing more than 30 balls,while Gill was scoring nearly at strike rate of hundred.I have always found him struggling on difficult pitches - be it pace/bounce or spin.

2 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

Which is absolutely fine but he does deserve a run ahead of the oldies. He just had a very good A series, had done consistently well in domestic cricket and for India A

He's not blocking Gill's place, Kedar (in ODIs) and Dhawan (in T20s) are. Rohit and Dhawan will be 37 and 38 by 2023. We will need to take a call about them as well. Both of them cannot be part of the team.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:41 PM, vijay50 said:

Give Shreyas Iyer 40 odi games continuously at no.4 or 5 and then see where he stands. Iam sure he will do better than Rahul.

If you give 40matches,to find where he stands ,when you will test other contenders of no.4 spot. 15-20 max which includes atleast 2 tours of SENA should be used to make decision. With that you would have checked atleast 3 most probable guys for no.4

5 hours ago, Vk1 said:

As most of us thought, Iyer proving that he has the game to play at 4. Pant at 5, Hardik at 6 makes our lineup very good. 

makes it even better to have gill at 4, iyer at 5 and hardik at 6. pant can open or come at 7. in both positions, he will have the clarity of having a specific attacking role, which is important - he is not the type of batsman who rotates strike much.

9 hours ago, Vijy said:

makes it even better to have gill at 4, iyer at 5 and hardik at 6. pant can open or come at 7. in both positions, he will have the clarity of having a specific attacking role, which is important - he is not the type of batsman who rotates strike much.

Pant will learn.. can try pant at 6 and Hardik at 7 but our guys definitely want a 6th bowling option.

Shreyas Iyer isn't so bad that he won't even perform against West Indies especially when he is trying to establish himself. His real test will be against better oppositions. Let's see how he does but Kohli shouldn't drop him at the first instance of failure.

N.B : I don't rate him much.

^^Pant is a youngster , he needs more chances.DK was not an youngster and he added no value in his career .Pant's selection  has got nothing to do with DK.Everybody including DK himself knew he was not going to score anything in that semi finals.

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Shreyas Iyer isn't so bad that he won't even perform against West Indies especially when he is trying to establish himself. His real test will be against better oppositions. Let's see how he does but Kohli shouldn't drop him at the first instance of failure.

True. He looked in great touch yesterday but its against west indies. He doesnt seem to have it in him against better teams. 

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

Exactly.......need to hold horses for some time now. In middle overs he mostly got to play chase, allen, holder, brathwite , paul.....non threatening bowlers 

Not only remains to be seen against better opposition but in difficult situation. 

Having said that i hope he gets a long rope.....so all these things are assessed 

The main thing is ...  Iyer has scored runs whenever he has got his chances. Even before the World Cup, he was dropped when he was a averaging 43+ at a SR of 100+.  Now, with no established batsman ready to replace him, one wonders why he was dropped  !!

He has the hunger for runs, ability to hit the big shots as well as rotate strike and has performed at India-A level. His technique maybe suspect against genuine pace or swing ... but we don't really have any good test quality batsman in our ODI team apart from Kohli.  

Iyer deserves a good run of atleast 15 ODIs before we form any clear opinion about his international level utility.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

with no established batsman ready to replace him, one wonders why he was dropped  !!

If another young phenom batsman becomes a white ball regular, he'll eat up a healthy chunk of advertising money from the corporates, who are forever looking for the 'next' big thing.  Better to recycle the Rayudus and Karthik instead.  

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

The main thing is ...  Iyer has scored runs whenever he has got his chances. Even before the World Cup, he was dropped when he was a averaging 43+ at a SR of 100+.  Now, with no established batsman ready to replace him, one wonders why he was dropped  !!

He has the hunger for runs, ability to hit the big shots as well as rotate strike and has performed at India-A level. His technique maybe suspect against genuine pace or swing ... but we don't really have any good test quality batsman in our ODI team apart from Kohli.  

Iyer deserves a good run of atleast 15 ODIs before we form any clear opinion about his international level utility.

^^ exactly this... One major reason our middle order sucks is (during nd prior to worldcup) inability to play spin properly during middle overs.. i.e from 25 to 40.. rayudu, dk, dhoni, jhadhav nd even pant.. don't have ability to rotate strike at will.. milking singles to score at 5 or 6 rpo without taking unnecessary risk.. 

And also when situation demands to hit spinners for boundaries then rayudu nd dk (dhoni included) jst didn't had that game.. 

U need proper batsmen at no 4 nd 5.. one who possess all the gears required from 1 to 5.. ability to rotate strike regularly nd hit boundaries when required...

include GILL nd IYER at ur no 4 & 5... We can expect our much plaguing middle order crisis to be resolved.. if not for a dothead captain nd douchebag selectors..we wouldn't have encountered this Middle order crisis if they had not billed on duds a la rayudu, jhadhav, shankar, dk et al...

11 hours ago, sandeep said:

The vintage ICF flip-flopping on a player continues.

Waiting until everyone's darling Rishabh Pant has a few more bad games and the mob will turn on him.  Its inevitable.  

some one mentioned that its a grand masterplan by TM to bring Dhoni back, so the turning has already begun.